Android Im really not sure whether it's an android OT Linux
Exclamation 
hi firstly my apologies if I have posted in the wrong section but there doesn't seem to be a novice/newbie section.
I have found out where to go for information so I went to system/sys info to find out what I am running, that's where the confusion starts.
Operating system is Linux 3.50 but I purchased an android box running Jelly bean and the XBMC is ver 12.
I want to be able to be as up to date as possible so I want to downloaded Gotham 13 but I have no idea whether I have to download the android version, or the Linux version?

If anyone can help a newbie with what I assume are stupid questions, I would be very much obliged and finally do I just download the newer version over the old one or do I have to at some stage, remove the older xbmc versionHuh

Many thanks for any assistance received.Blush
I agree that it's confusing.
You have the android version which is based on linux for android.
I would hope that, if there is an updated version, you would get an automatic update (but I don't have such an installation myself) and the older version would get overwritten (possibly/probably some personalisations will be preserved - depends what and how installed)
HTH
Derek
[color=#800080[/color][/size]][size=medium]Thank you for your reply dandnsmith. The only answer I still need is whether to download android version ARM or Linux version, as even with your explanation both android & Linux are still mentioned. You also state I could get an automatic update, where would I find that?

Thank you again

Karen[/color][color=#800080]
Start up your XBMC and go to system->system info->Hardware. If it says ARMv followed by a number next to the CPU at the top, then you want the android arm version. If it says anything else, just post what it says here so we can be sure to give you the right advice.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thumbs Up 
[[/color]/color][color=#800080]black_eagle thank you so very much for a straight forward easily instructed set of steps. I now know I have androind ARM v 7.1 so I can now install xbmc Gotham 13 and see that happens.

Kind regards

Karen Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Im really not sure whether it's an android OT Linux0