Hardware buttons no longer work in 13.2b3 & 13.2rc
On my Android mobile, OS version 4.4.4, ever since I upgraded to 13.2 beta 3 and the issue continued in 13.2 RC none of my hardware buttons fully work when navigating the menus and/or while watching something.

Some of the problems include being unable to turn the volume up and down while playing a video. Although, the buttons do work while on the home window. This isn't a huge deal due to having actual on-screen volume buttons on the menu bar that pops up while playing a movie. That is, so long as I can even get to the on-screen volume buttons. Refer to the issue below.

The Return hardware key does nothing anymore. This one is especially important whenever I wish to change random audio and video settings while playing a movie. I can go into the settings, but if I happen to click on, say, the audio offset button, and the small slider box pops up allowing me to change it, I have no way of returning anywhere, neither the usual menu with all the radio buttons for the video being displayed, or even the home window. I have to press menu just to get out of it, thus, closing XBMC/Kodi entirely. This issue is actually somewhat bigger for me as I like to move one of the display settings all the way over to '2.00', which turns the screen off, so I can keep my headphones on and listen without wasting the screen from running while I sleep.

Anyway, I am just curious what might have changed from 13.2b2 to 13.2b3 that resulted in these issues for me, and if anyone else may have noticed them as well. I would love to find a fix for them, but it seems being the release candidate, I guess I am almost out of luck.
Is this on a phone? Remote?
(2014-08-14, 11:52)Ned Scott Wrote: Is this on a phone? Remote?

Yes, when I wrote mobile, I meant phone. Apologies on the confusion.

Note, after several days now, it still does not work. I actually cannot use my volume in the home window either.
Just thought I should let anyone know who might be having a similar issue is that my volume hardware buttons do work when uninstalling Gotham and trying the new Helix Alpha2. So there is definitely something happening in Gotham that was fixed in Helix.

That said, however, I am still having issues with XBMC/Kodi even opening/running. So far all the versions I use from Gotham 13.2b3 and on take forever to load, if it loads at all. I would say about 10% of the time XBMC finally loads. To note: having my own custom ~/...../.xbmc folder or having none at XBMC startup matters in the success rate of it running or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hardware buttons no longer work in 13.2b3 & 13.2rc0