RPi stealing tuner from other RPi
I have 2 Raspberry Pi's and they run the PVR client great if only one is watching LiveTV. As soon as I try to watch LiveTV on the other one, it steals the tuner. I have 4 tuners available, but they seem to fight over the same one. This doesn't happen on my Ouya or my WMC machine. I can only watch LiveTV on one RPi at a time.

I am running the latest server and client. I have made sure that each RPi has a unique name, closed and restarted ServerWMC. the only thing that I haven't done is reboot the WMC machine itself. It only affects the RPis, all other clients work as expected. I have 2 other RPi to deploy, but I can't until I figure this out.

I will post a SWMC log later when I get home. Just wonder if anybody else had the same issue and if I am overlooking something simple.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
In the serverwmc status pane, does it show the unique name you assigned to each rpi when you start a live stream?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I looked at the logs remotely and it looks like "RaspBMC" is the client name for both RPis and the Ouya used the IP address. How do I change the client name? I changed it everywhere I could find it in the XBMC interface.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Edit /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts with unique names also in xbmc settings>system>general enter the name there as well, If your workgroup is anything besides "WORKGROUP" then edit /etc/samba/smb.conf to change it also in xbmc settings>system>SMB Client>workgroup. I know it seems like a lot but this is because the smb client is built into XBMC while the smb server is a part of the operating system.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Yes this is caused by devices having non unique hostnames. We do have a fix for this in the next version (when devices have same name but different IP Address, treat them as separate devices)
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
(2014-08-14, 04:11)scarecrow420 Wrote: Yes this is caused by devices having non unique hostnames. We do have a fix for this in the next version (when devices have same name but different IP Address, treat them as separate devices)

Awesome, changed it for now. But I seem to be rebuilding these PIs a lot and I might forget to change it in the files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi stealing tuner from other RPi0