Is the Atv2 obsolete!? Did i make a mistake buying!?
Hi just bought an atv2 running gotham 13.1. I was super excited to get it in mail now although i am getting alot of the things i wanted. I am also dealing with a ton of bugs, crashes , and super slow xbmc interfacing. Did i make a mistake? Is the atv2 obsolete now? Should i download to frodo like some have suggested? Or will things progress and just go through the growing pains. Any help or advice? Should i go buy an android box?
you could try downgrading the frodo or try a clean install of gotham. I guess this atv2 came pre-installed with a lot of (maybe illegal) crap?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-08-14, 12:51)Ibeatug Wrote: Hi just bought an atv2 running gotham 13.1. I was super excited to get it in mail now although i am getting alot of the things i wanted. I am also dealing with a ton of bugs, crashes , and super slow xbmc interfacing. Did i make a mistake? Is the atv2 obsolete now? Should i download to frodo like some have suggested? Or will things progress and just go through the growing pains. Any help or advice? Should i go buy an android box?

I would say that if you can return your Apple TV and replace it with an Amazon Fire currently priced at $84 on the Amazon website, you would be a happier user.

With that said, the Apple TV is very capable of providing you with an excellent XBMC experience. Because of its hardware limitations, it is just not quite as "snappy" and solid as the one you get with a Fire TV. However, the term "obsolete" is way extreme.

I would agree with Memphiz that your setup is more than likely plagued by 3rd party addons that are helping to create performance issues on the ATV2 you purchased.
Yes the unit i bought came preloaded with just about everything u can imagine. . Is there anyway of just restoring gotham 13.1 to origninal, Without using a computer? I dont mind losing all my addons now that i know how to install them i ve only been using mash up and sports devil really. Really appreciate your opinion i paid around 260$ for the atv2 n could turn n sell it on ebay pretty quick n not lose much. I was just wondering if thats something i should be considering while the value is still there. Can u still use airplay with the fire?
260$ for the atv2, wow. I should sell mine. Of course I do also have a collectors edition. The ATV2 that was used to port XBMC to ios/atv2 Smile I wonder what that would bring on ebay.
jeeze, I have 3 of them just sitting around, changed them all out for Pi's, guess I should stop being lazy and put them up on the 'bay ...
What is a pi? Sorry i m a newb.. So is there a way to restore xbmc to factory settings without a pc? I have no idea what addons are "legal" or illegal that would be causing my slowness.
Raspberry pi. If it was me, Id start from fresh.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is the Atv2 obsolete!? Did i make a mistake buying!?0