Advice needed for upgrage
Hi guys,

So I am looking to upgrade my XBMC experience, but I need some advice as I'm a big noob in this. So far have been using the OUYA, and although it plays almost everything smoothly, it is slow to navigate, which really becomes annoying after a while.

So I have been reading the forum for a while, and I reckon it is possible, if I sell the OUYA, to get a much faster htpc with little investment. I can sell the OUYA for 70€, and am thinking about spending a maximum of 80-100€ on top of that. I have been looking at alternatives, and it seems that most people recomend either a NUC or a chromebox (FireTV seems pointless in Europe).

My TV does not support 3D / 4K, so although it can be nice for future proofability, I would not spend money because of that. 1080p is required. On this budget , what woud you buy? NUC, Chromebox or something else? And which model?

Thanks!
i own a chromebox and a tronsmart vega tv box, i stopped using the chromebox and only use the android tv box. I'm thinking about making the chromebox a server but i feel more like selling it and get a NUC or something of same range price that i can install Windows with no driver issues and also linux, etc.
I needed more in the end so i switched from OpenElec in a ChromeBox to an all in one experience with Android. That is me!

Oh well my chromebox has that known bug and so i had some issues with it,not all have it though but it was enough for me to find something else.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
So you don't think the upgrade to chromebox is worth it? I think another box running android is out of the question for me, just because there are so many limitations

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice needed for upgrage0