Smart Playlist question
I've been trying to get a menu item for a "Kids Movie playlist" on my main menu. I've seen some other posts asking for this, but those are generally for older versions of xbmc. I use Gotham 13.2 with the latest Aeon Nox skin.

So I've got multiple video folders with regular HD movies which are in my library and under the menu item "Movies"

Now I want to create a new menu item "Kids Movies" for one folder on my PC which contains all kids movies. I'd like to scroll through the movies like the regular movie library. With movie information and fanart.

I've tried creating a smart playlist with that folder like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199776 With the correct path names and all. But the playlist stays empty, no movies are added. I don't even get a list.

Now I read in another thread (which I can't find anymore) that I need to add the folder containing the kids movies to the library first or else they won't be scraped. Seems credible, but the problem is that I don't want all the kids movies in my "regular movies" library.

So... What should I do?
(2014-08-14, 23:57)SanderS2 Wrote: I've been trying to get a menu item for a "Kids Movie playlist" on my main menu. I've seen some other posts asking for this, but those are generally for older versions of xbmc. I use Gotham 13.2 with the latest Aeon Nox skin.

So I've got multiple video folders with regular HD movies which are in my library and under the menu item "Movies"

Now I want to create a new menu item "Kids Movies" for one folder on my PC which contains all kids movies. I'd like to scroll through the movies like the regular movie library. With movie information and fanart.

I've tried creating a smart playlist with that folder like this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199776 With the correct path names and all. But the playlist stays empty, no movies are added. I don't even get a list.

Now I read in another thread (which I can't find anymore) that I need to add the folder containing the kids movies to the library first or else they won't be scraped. Seems credible, but the problem is that I don't want all the kids movies in my "regular movies" library.

So... What should I do?

This Should work:

Add the source, when setting the content and choosing the scrapper. There is an option that says "Exclude path from library updates" make sure that is selected.
My Kodi / HTPC / Gaming / Tech Channel
If I helped in someway, hit the Like button :)
Thanks for the reply. I saw the option but I didn't think it would do anything for me. And it didn't.

I've tried now, and thank god it didn't scan all the movies in the subfolders, but the two movies in the root folder have been scanned and added to my regular movies list.

As I thought the "exclude path from library updates" just excludes the path from updates in the future. It does add everything to the library.

Any other suggestions?
You can edit the main 'Movies' menu to show only movies from a particular folder. I have done this for 3d and 2d movies so that Movies menu will show only 2d movies. Create a smartplaylist with condition 'path is not kids movies' and edit the main movies menu to show this playlist.
Thanks. I was afraid someone was going to give that as the only option since everything is working properly except for my kids movies playlist.

But I started making a playlist for my regular movies anyway to see if that works and it's driving me crazy.

I made the playlist for the three locations containing HD movies but the list stays empty. I've tried different parameters for selecting the locations (contains, starts with, is) but none of them work...

All the movies are already scraped and in the library.

What can I do next?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Films</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">
<value>E:\HD films\</value>
</rule>
<rule field="path" operator="is">
<value>F:\Video\HD Films\</value>
</rule>
<value>G:\HD Films\</value>
</rule>
<group>none</group>
<order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</smartplaylist>
If its any help, I have my films separated so that kids movies only contains their films, and 'movies' only contains mine.

Kids movies are in 2 directories called 'Kids Films' and 'Kids-films2' and are shared via SMB.

The main library playlist simply excludes the stuff I don't want in there, whilst the kids playlist only includes stuff in the selected paths.

Code:
    <name>Kids Films</name>
    <match>one</match>
        <value>smb://DIAMOND/Kids Films/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://DIAMOND/Kids-Films2/</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>
^ match one or the other of the paths to create the library

Code:
    <name>Main library</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">
        <value>Kids</value>
    </rule>
        <value>xmas</value>
    </rule>
        <value>nfs://192.168.1.50/media/sde1/MusicVideos/</value>
    </rule>
        <value>smb://HS-DHGL925/share/Music Videos/</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="ascending">sorttitle</order>
</smartplaylist>

Using these two playlists keeps my media entirely separate from my kids.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thanks for your answer. I solved it in an other way. I made a rule like this "path contains "kinderfilms". (the name of the folder) without the actual path. This works.
(2014-08-16, 19:19)SanderS2 Wrote: Thanks. I was afraid someone was going to give that as the only option since everything is working properly except for my kids movies playlist.

But I started making a playlist for my regular movies anyway to see if that works and it's driving me crazy.

I made the playlist for the three locations containing HD movies but the list stays empty. I've tried different parameters for selecting the locations (contains, starts with, is) but none of them work...

What can I do next?

<name>Films</name>
<match>all</match>
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>
<group>none</group>
</smartplaylist>

Glad you got it to work, but just for future reference -- the problem with your earlier playlist was that you were telling it to match ALL the rules you listed. Logically, no one title would be in ALL the folders, so it will never show any.

Note that black_eagle's playlist says to match ONE of the rules, so his works. Smile (That's why your 2nd try also works, because you only had one rule.)
(2014-08-16, 22:54)pagali Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 19:19)SanderS2 Wrote: Thanks. I was afraid someone was going to give that as the only option since everything is working properly except for my kids movies playlist.

What can I do next?

<name>Films</name>
<match>all</match>
</rule>
</rule>
</rule>
<group>none</group>
</smartplaylist>

Glad you got it to work, but just for future reference -- the problem with your earlier playlist was that you were telling it to match ALL the rules you listed. Logically, no one title would be in ALL the folders, so it will never show any.

Note that black_eagle's playlist says to match ONE of the rules, so his works. Smile (That's why your 2nd try also works, because you only had one rule.)
Ahh man... that could have saved me a lot of time. I have looked at that option a couple of times and was wondering why you wouldn't want all your rules in effect. Pretty stupid of me. But thanks anyway ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist question0