Using android mini pc to host mysql server
ive searched high and low for this solution and it seems like it should be pretty easy. I have my data shared via my timecapsule 3tb drive and it can be accessed by all 4 of my XBMC boxes, and android tv stick, iphone 5s, ipad mini retina and mac book pro. My problem is that the only thing in my house that runs 24/7 is my little android dongle. I have a desktop windows computer but it doesnt work very well as a dedicated server as its used for homework and the likes. I have an old HTPC i built a few years ago that has plenty of juice but it eats up the wattage. My want is to host the advanced file on my android mini pc as it runs constantly, is stable and has a small power foot print. Is this possible? has anyone done it?
Sure, just google "MySQL on Android". There's even some apps from Google Play that claim to have everything all ready for typical MySQL use, like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...rver&hl=en

I haven't tried any of these solutions, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. It's fairly straight forward.
i have been round and round with that and have tried mysql on 3 different platforms to no avail. Looks like i am gonna have to sit and just figure it out, the android option seems best because of that low power footprint. I just dont know how to configure because i have never used it.
Anyone have success with this ??

My NAS isnt playing nice with MySQL.. I am thinking of running mySQL on a fireTV box.. Anyone made that work and if so which android apps they use to host and configure the mysql ??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using android mini pc to host mysql server0