Help with the TVDB scraper and multi-episode files
Hi, I'm struggling to get XBMC to scrape a series correctly and I'm trying to understand how TVDB and the scraper work, but now I'm basically stuck.

I'll try to depict a general case, simple scenario and hopefully some can help me. Let's say that I have a series which consists of only one season. The series was aired as ten weekly episodes, but released on DVD as eight, like this:
Code:
Pilot                   -> Air Ep. 01 -> DVD Ep. 01 -> Ep. 1.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Meeting                 -> Air Ep. 02 -> DVD Ep. 02 -> Ep. 2.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Friends                 -> Air Ep. 03 -> DVD Ep. 03 -> Ep 3.1 on TVDB (DVD order)
Enemies                 -> Air Ep. 04 -> DVD Ep. 03 -> Ep 3.2 on TVDB (DVD order)
Summer                  -> Air Ep. 05 -> DVD Ep. 04 -> Ep. 4.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Autumn                  -> Air Ep. 06 -> DVD Ep. 05 -> Ep. 5.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Christmas part 1        -> Air Ep. 07 -> DVD Ep. 06 -> Ep. 6.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Christmas part 2        -> Air Ep. 08 -> DVD Ep. 06 -> Ep. 6.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Next Spring             -> Air Ep. 09 -> DVD Ep. 07 -> Ep. 7.0 on TVDB (DVD order)
Ending                  -> Air Ep. 10 -> DVD Ep. 08 -> Ep. 8.0 on TVDB (DVD order)

In other words, aired episodes 03 and 04 are two separate stories that were combined for whatever reason in the DVD release; aired episodes 07 and 08 are one single story that was split in two on TV but recombined on DVD.

Let's say that I have files from the DVD: obviously I need the TVDB to use DVD order, but what else? Is it enough to name the files appropriately or is it necessary to use .nfo files? If a .nfo file is needed, does it have to contain a bookmark entry to be scraped as two different episodes? If naming is enough, how should I name the DVD episode 03 so that it shows up as two separate episodes in XBMC?

In conclusion, referring to my made-up example, what should I do to get one entry for Christmas, one for Friends and one for Enemies, so that XBMC shows nine episodes and obviously the whole season is correctly scraped?

Thanks in advance! Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with the TVDB scraper and multi-episode files0