Release Equilibrium with MediaBrowser Support
For anyone wanting to use the amazing Equilibrium skin http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170812 with MediaBrowser as the backend I have created a modded version that uses the XBMB3C addon to connect to the MediaBrowser server.

For more details please see this thread: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...mb3c-skin/

Massive thanks to butchabay for creating the base skin.

Some screenshots of the skin using xbmb3c to connect to the MediaBrowser server:

watch gallery

Install Instructions

1. Make sure you have the MediaBrowser Server installed: http://mediabrowser.tv
2. Install the XBMB3C repo from here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.p...tham-repo/
3. Install both the XBMB3C addon and the Equilibrium Skin
4, restart and your ready to go!
Well done. It looks great.
I fixed the imgur gallery for you.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-08-15, 16:30)Montellese Wrote: I fixed the imgur gallery for you.

Thank you Blush
(2014-08-17, 20:14)StealthDefender Wrote: @im85288:
Can you explain a little bit how to set up MB3 to work out of the box with xbmc?
I have the problem that MB ignore my Movie Sets i managed with Ember and dont show actor thumbs they are stored in the file folders!(.actors)
I dont want to loose the scrapped files for xbmc.
Would be great if there where a way to use these both systems together!
Sorry for off topic Smile
Greetz Stealth

The way this skin uses it, there is no need to scrape any files or artwork at all into xbmc. As long as your media is correctly added to the MediaBrowser server, by using the xbmb3c addon and this modded version of the Equilibrium skin things like collections are already integrated. Have a try and you'll see what I mean.
The thing is that i spent lot of hours to scrape my movies and dont want to loose something!
Media Browser now read the .nfo of xbmc but ignore the < set > tag. Is there a way to import my existing sets to MB?
Also the .actors folder would be ignored!
I want to keep my files in the folder in case the xbm3c addon wont work or there is no support any more in the near future!
Greetz Stealth
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
You can leave all your files scraped into xbmc too it makes no difference, as long as you have added your files to your MediaBrowser Server then anything local is ignored and untouched! The skin uses things like Movie and Series Thumbs on the home screen which are not available through xbmc alone, these sort of extra details are why I personally like the to have MediaBrowser scan the movies etc itself.

If you have not added your media to the MediaBrowser server then this skin mod is not tailored to your use.

The collections in MediaBrowser work very well so I would just add the AutoBoxSets plugin on the server and let it create the sets for you...it even scrapes things like set fanart etc so maybe worth a try..

You could file a bug report on the media browser forum for the ignoring of the <set> tag if you still wish to get your sets into MB that way
Thank you for detailed explenation to my questions Smile
One thing im interested, do you save the scraped details lokal in the movie folders or only in Media Browser Database?
Actors normaly would be saved in a special folder i mean?!
Thx :thumbup:
System : openelec 3.2.3 | Aeon Nox | Intel i3-3225 @3,3Ghz | Intel Graphic integrated | 4Gb Ram | 128 SSD
Remotes : Harmony One+ | MCE-Remote | xbmc IPhone Remote | Yatse on Asus Transformer Prime
TV : Sony Bravia over Hdmi | TV Server : 3xTechnotrend Cable Tuner | DVBViewer 5.0+RecService 1.25
Sound : Logitech Z5500 over optical
Storage : Qnap 412 4x3TB Raid5
No problem at all,
By default it will create a movie.xml and series.xml in the movie folder. This of course leaves your nfo files untouched Smile
Actors are treated differently in MediaBrowser, they are saved to a different folder altogether. Have a look at the amount of config options you have with the metadata scrapers when configuring the server, it can even create your nfo in xbmc format for you.
Forgive my ignorance but what does mb provide that would justify me installing it and having another thing using resources? Did it just scrape fan art etc?
Why don't you take a look at our thread in supplementary tools?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175430
(2014-08-20, 05:02)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Forgive my ignorance but what does mb provide that would justify me installing it and having another thing using resources? Did it just scrape fan art etc?

Hi there, the above link will give you a good overview of the features the MediaBrowser server has. For me the biggest plus point with using MB is that your media only needs to be scraped in one place, after that no matter what client you use (iPad, Roku, XBMC etc) has access to that media/metadata straight away. Things like your watched status, progress etc are automatically synched to the server..so in theory you can start watching a movie on the way home on your iPad..stop half way through..get home and carry on watching the movie from where you left it on your xbmc client without any need for things like mysql databases etc. Another massive advantage for me is the built in user support. In my family all the kids have their own user profiles set up...so they can have their own watched list, next up tv shows etc etc

In a nutshell, it manages all my movies/tvhsows/music etc and makes it available to me anywhere I want to access it from.

With xbmc, having say two installs in the same house means duplication..scraping in the data into each version..using mysql or alternative ways to synch your watched/progress status.

So to summarise, I think XBMC/KODI is a perfect client with a strong skinning engine, but it struggles as a solution over more than one system..so MB answers that area for me.

A new version 0.0.4 has been pushed to the repo..this adds indicators such as the number of unplayed tv shows, progress on thumb images etc
Support for Playlists created in MediaBrowser has now been added in version 0.0.42

(2014-08-20, 15:58)im85288 Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 05:02)sup3rlativ3 Wrote: Forgive my ignorance but what does mb provide that would justify me installing it and having another thing using resources? Did it just scrape fan art etc?

Hi there, the above link will give you a good overview of the features the MediaBrowser server has. For me the biggest plus point with using MB is that your media only needs to be scraped in one place, after that no matter what client you use (iPad, Roku, XBMC etc) has access to that media/metadata straight away. Things like your watched status, progress etc are automatically synched to the server..so in theory you can start watching a movie on the way home on your iPad..stop half way through..get home and carry on watching the movie from where you left it on your xbmc client without any need for things like mysql databases etc. Another massive advantage for me is the built in user support. In my family all the kids have their own user profiles set up...so they can have their own watched list, next up tv shows etc etc

In a nutshell, it manages all my movies/tvhsows/music etc and makes it available to me anywhere I want to access it from.

With xbmc, having say two installs in the same house means duplication..scraping in the data into each version..using mysql or alternative ways to synch your watched/progress status.

So to summarise, I think XBMC/KODI is a perfect client with a strong skinning engine, but it struggles as a solution over more than one system..so MB answers that area for me.

A new version 0.0.4 has been pushed to the repo..this adds indicators such as the number of unplayed tv shows, progress on thumb images etc

Thank you for the detailed response rather than a generic response to read some article when I've already read the website etc.

It does seem like it would be useful if I had more than one install but at the moment that is all I have.

I do have a client who will be moving to a multi-room setup so i may try implementing it for him.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Equilibrium with MediaBrowser Support2