Win IPTV Simple Client not working after upgrade to Kodi
Hey,

I have just upgraded to Kodi and my IPTV stopped working.
IPTV Simple Client is acting just the same as before, but when I select a TV channel, all I got is "Working" for good 5 minutes (can't cancel that or do anything) and when it times out, I am still hanging at channels section.

Same playlist works perfectly fine on VLC.
Channels on the playlist looks like this:

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,0 - MyFirstChannel
udp://@aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:pppp

Tried to go back to XBMC and IPTV works flawlessly again.
Made fresh install and configuration of Kodi and I am stuck with the same problem.

I see that I am getting "Error, could not open file udp://..." but that just worked on XBMC...

Pasted kodi.log here.

Anyone have an idea what is happening and why? Smile

Thanks and BR,
-iks
Can you use "netstat -g" to see if Kodi actually joins the multicast group?

Edit: actually that only works on Linux, sorry.
Having the same problem. Glad I found this post as I thought it was something I did wrong.
Mmesa are you on Windows or Linux?
Windows 7. I have a G-Box Q but have been learning on my laptop before installing on the Q.
Thanks for concerns negge,

As I see now, I am not the only one with this problem and since this is not a known issue I'll try to dig into the logs and if the time will allow I'll also check it on some Linux distro to see my multicast routing.

Aditionally I tried to open my udp://@... stream directly via .strm and after a minute of trying, Kodi yells that the stream cannot be opened.
So I defined an external player (VLC) for internet streams, tried to open it via the same .strm, and as everything is passed to VLC, stream opens just fine.

Thanks and BR,
iks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple Client not working after upgrade to Kodi0