Movie recognition
Hello all. I am new to the forums as well as the XBMC software. I've been uploading my movie collection one at a time to my HDD and have noticed a trend.

After my movie has uploaded I need to go into the folder and rename the largest .mkv file to the name and release date of the movie in order for the XBMC to see it.

Is this normal? I haven't had one work without me having to manually change file names.

XBMC 13.1
Win 8.1

MAKEMKV beta

Both DVD and Blu Ray movies

Some movies:
Matrix
Xmen (all 3)
Bridesmaids
Old School

Any suggestions?
Yeah file names need to relate to the movie title for XBMC to be able to scrap it.

i.e. The Matrix (1999).mkv
(2014-08-16, 00:37)prawnee Wrote: Yeah file names need to relate to the movie title for XBMC to be able to scrap it.

i.e. The Matrix (1999).mkv

There is no way to have it done manually during the ripping process?
Not tried. I usually just rename once ripped. It takes all of 20 seconds.
(2014-08-16, 00:43)prawnee Wrote: Not tried. I usually just rename once ripped. It takes all of 20 seconds.

True. But with the stack of a few hundred dvds in front of me, any shortcut is appreciated.

Also, is there way to access "special" featured of the disk through XBMC?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1557246
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-16, 00:52)nickr Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1557246

ty
Do you guys usually rip the entire dvd or just the largest file? I assume all the other files are the extras while the largest is the movie?
yes the smaller titles are usually extras, or 'don't steal this movie' vids. Unfortunately a bit of trial and error is required.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-16, 01:39)nickr Wrote: yes the smaller titles are usually extras, or 'don't steal this movie' vids. Unfortunately a bit of trial and error is required.

So it's not as easy as just ripping the largest file?
I can't think of a situation where the biggest title wouldn't be the main movie. What is left, I would take the next sized one down, it'll be the largest extra. There will be a title for each extra, like 'making of' 'bloopers' etc.
(2014-08-16, 01:55)nickr Wrote: I can't think of a situation where the biggest title wouldn't be the main movie. What is left, I would take the next sized one down, it'll be the largest extra. There will be a title for each extra, like 'making of' 'bloopers' etc.

So rip the largest 2 files?

When I do it, it doesn't give titles like 'making of' 'bloopers' it just says title00.mkv, title01.kmv ... title10.mkv
Well it depends how many extras there are. Yes makemkv will call them titlenn.mkv. you have to work out what to name them.
(2014-08-16, 02:04)nickr Wrote: Well it depends how many extras there are. Yes makemkv will call them titlenn.mkv. you have to work out what to name them.

At this point im only concerned about the movie. So I'm planning on just ripping the largest one (assuming its the movie) and naming it title (year).mkv
Ok I think I got distracted by the extras discussion. Yes go for the largest and your naming is correct. If in doubt go for the name and year as on tmdb.org. put each movie in it's own directory, like

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie recognition0