Movie recognition
(2014-08-16, 02:28)nickr Wrote: Ok I think I got distracted by the extras discussion. Yes go for the largest and your naming is correct. If in doubt go for the name and year as on tmdb.org. put each movie in it's own directory, like

LOL no worries. I was jumping around in topic discussion.Big Grin

I'd rep you but I dont see a rep button. Probably since I'm new and lacking posts/
You need to have made 10 posts, but your thanks are enough!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-16, 02:31)nickr Wrote: You need to have made 10 posts, but your thanks are enough!
If only I could think of something to say for my 10th post
(2014-08-16, 01:55)nickr Wrote: I can't think of a situation where the biggest title wouldn't be the main movie. What is left, I would take the next sized one down, it'll be the largest extra. There will be a title for each extra, like 'making of' 'bloopers' etc.

It is by no means certain the biggest VOB is the main movie (or all of it). Typically, a DVD movie is split up in 1 or 2 Gig chunks. I always use the rather old, but still useful and freeware tool DVDShrink, to re-author, and extract the main movie to a single VOB. Very handy.
I didn't say biggest vob. I said biggest title.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-20, 05:39)nickr Wrote: I didn't say biggest vob. I said biggest title.

Biggest title?! Not sure what that entails (depends on what program you inspect the DVD with, I suppose). But if the main movie is called 'X', there could easily be a 'The making of X,' which is longer. I'd just stick with a simple re-authoring tool, like DVDShrink, that will simply *tell* you what the main movie is.

Also, the OP keeps asking whether or not to extract the largest file. And that approach really is not the best way to go about it. And personally I wouldn't look for 'biggest title' per se, either.
Makemkv shows all the titles on the dvd or bluray. The longest (by time) will almost certainly be the main movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie recognition0