Help with addons for a noob
I'm sure this has been explained, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've installed xbmc on my PC via USB. (Meaning it only boots xbmc) I'm trying to figure out how to download repositories/zip files and install them (ustv vod at the moment) I've tried to copy to USB via my other PC and install, but can't find the USB in xbmc. I'm also inquiring about this for importing movies to my new beloved media center. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
What operating system?
(2014-08-16, 06:06)teeedubb Wrote: What operating system?

Windows. Sorry.
In win 7 + xbmc 13.1 usb drives show up automatically in xbmc for me, are you sure its being mounted by windows?
(2014-08-16, 06:25)teeedubb Wrote: In win 7 + xbmc 13.1 usb drives show up automatically in xbmc for me, are you sure its being mounted by windows?

Im not quite sure what's going on here. The system was on win 7. I created an install USB using openellec. No option to boot into windows ( I assumed it was deleted from hdd) I've tried different USB sticks. All to no avail. The xbmc version is Gotham. I feel like I'm missing something.
I don't understand.. Is the pc you're trying to install addons on running openelec or windows? both should auto-mount usb drives
(2014-08-16, 06:36)teeedubb Wrote: I don't understand.. Is the pc you're trying to install addons on running openelec or windows? both should auto-mount usb drives

It was running windows and now is running openellec. When you say auto mount, does that mean it should pop up on screen? I've tried searching every directory and still can't find it.
Yeah you will probably get a on-screen notification when its inserted. Is it visible in the xbmc file manager?
Not that I can find.
Access the machine via SSH and use the command 'mount' to see if it is being mounted, and if it is, to where.
My only experience with ssh is with phones. Can you point me to a good starting point?
http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Ssh_commands

It needs to be enabled in the Openelec settings menu
Got it working. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with addons for a noob0