XBMC randomly yet consistently crashes
XBMC randomly yet consistely crashes during music playback. It doesn't crash during video playback, streaming or otherwise.

Linux Ubuntu 14.04 64bit with all updates done.

XBMC 13.1 Official

I've cleaned up the install to ensure there were NO addons. Aeon Nox 5 was then installed. It added a few things on it's own. The skin is currently not active and it is not the default skin.

I've implemented the set up to have one central index using the instructions on this site to implement that with mysql.

This is the guide:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MySQL

The advancedsettings.xml IS in the ~/.xmbc/userdata. This file was copied to my other computers (and even my tablet and smart phones that run the XBMC app). The shared index is active and it works properly on all of those other computing devices without crashing.

It's contents are:

<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host>192.168.0.206</host>

<port>3306</port>

<user>xbmc</user>

<pass>xbmc</pass>

</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>

<type>mysql</type>

<host>192.168.0.206</host>

<port>3306</port>

<user>xbmc</user>

<pass>xbmc</pass>

</musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>

<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>

<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>

</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>

The following link contains the most recent crash log.

http://pastebin.com/nHcH5ehe

With the advancedsettings.xml in place XBMC crashes, typically quite soon after starting the playback of a song. Play a song, maybe play 2 without a crash, but inevitibly it crashes (typically after the second (or third) song starts). I didn't have an issue with crossfade. It was disabled. Per some searching I found others had solved a similar problem by enabling crossfade with it set to 1 second. That did not solve it for me.

If I remove the advancedsettings.xml it plays without any crash.

From the crashlog can anyone tell what is causing the crash so that I can resolve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC randomly yet consistently crashes1