unable to connect to the dvbviewer recording service
Hello All.
I have been trying for days now to get my live tv to work but keep getting the same error: unable to connect to the dvbviewer recording service

I am new to linux but experienced with windows computers. So I will need an idiots guide to fixing this problem!
I have searched google, these forums and the dvbsky website and tried every recommendation so far but with no luck.

So, this is what I have tried. I originally setup xbmc without my DVBSky S952 v3 card as it was shipping from Hong Kong.

XBMC (in openelec) works perfectly. I then installed my DVBSky S952 v3 card and presumed it would just pick up the card. I don't know how to check if drivers are installed correctly in linux. So to be safe, I reinstalled openelec xbmc to ensure that the drivers were installed. I check that the drivers for my DVBSky S952 v3 card were included in the distribution and it stated on xbmc that they were and my card was compatible.

Once xbmc reinstalled, I activated the DVDviewer add on and enabled live tv. This is the point that I get the error repeatedly. The error is shown for a couple of seconds, disappears for 5 secs and then reappears, and the cycle continues indefinitely. The only way to stop it is to disable live tv.

I then thought that maybe its an issue with DVD viewer, but I am unable to disable it.

I have tried activating other PVR services e.g. Argus, TV Headend but I get the same error with these.

Therefore, I am assuming it is an issue with the installation of the DVBSky S952 v3 card. Am I right and if so how do I fix this issue?

Your help will be very much appreciated!!
Update: I have installed the card in my windows 7 PC. Installed the drivers and confirmed that it had installed correctly.

I then installed the packaged DVBSky software to test it works. It seems to scan for channels but I can't tune into any. It is providing me with a list of all the channels I would expect but when I click on them, nothing shows.

When I perform a full scan, the ticker stays at 0 programs (which I presume means channels).

Do I have a faulty card or am I just clueless with DVB cards and their setup?
Which PVR backend software are you using.
This is not clear in your post.
I initially tried with DVBsky player as recommended.

I have managed to get the card working in a windows 7 setup so I now know the card works fine.

I am struggling to get the card installed on openelec xbmc. I did read that the card was natively supported by the release I had installed so didnt think I had to install the driver.
I have installed TVHeadend backend.
I have managed to solve the "connection lost" warnings that I was getting.
I am still not getting live tv on xbmc,
However, I was able to correctly configure the card on my windows 7 machine and receive satellite, so my card is definitely working Smile

Back to my openelec xbmc setup.... my card is not showing up on the tv adapter setting (configuration>dvb inputs>tv adapters)

I have run the code to make sure that the driver is installed and it certainly appears to be. I am provided with a weblink for spurge and it states the following about my dvb card:

02:00.0 Multimedia video controller [0400]: Spin Master Ltd. Device [1ade:3038] (rev 01)
Subsystem: DVBSky Device [4254:0552]
Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 50
Memory at fe900000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit+
Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
Kernel driver in use: DVBSky SMI PCIe driver

So it does look like the driver is installed and it could just be my poor understanding of how to configure it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unable to connect to the dvbviewer recording service0