Randomly lose all settings back to default
hybrid skin, Openelec.
I put the computer in suspended mode... come back a few hours later to restart up XBMC.
All settings ( add-on shortcuts, etc.) all disappear and its just the generic skin or Hybrid with no modifications.
Twice this has happened. So I am going to say this skin is incompatible with OPENELEC OS.

Your thoughts, developers?
Firstly i can say without a doubt that the skin is compatible with Openelec I use it on two seperate Openelec Machines as well as a windows 8.1 machine and no issues

I am not sure what is causing your issue perhaps a corrupted guisettings.xml file try deleting this and then rebooting

you can easily delete the file by having the machine on and connected to your network then from another computer like a windows machine open explorer and type \\YOUR-IP-ADDRESS-HERE

then going into Userdata folder and it should be in there delete that then reboot and just try and configure a couple of settings then perform the suspend leave it for a couple minutes and turn back on and see if they are still saved

another option is going into the openelec configuration addon and resetting the machine to factory or default

I have never needed to do this so i don't know if this will delete media on the machine itself but if you are connecting over a network and streaming all your media in like i am then it should be fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Randomly lose all settings back to default0