No sound in a movie over HDMI
Hi there,

suddenly XBMC plays the sound of a movie only over my soundcard output and not anymore over my HDMI connection to my TV.
The strange thing is that all the XBMC system sounds (like the click sound you hear when you move the cursor up and down or the whoes sound when you press escape) are hearable via my TV.
But when I play start on a movie it is just silence (I luckly connected my HTPC also to my amplifier so we can still here the movie)

Is there some sort of setting I can adjust so that XBMC plays everything over my TV
Try hit Ctrl and + to see if volume is 100% in XBMC
(2014-08-16, 17:37)christian.prins Wrote: Hi there,

suddenly XBMC plays the sound of a movie only over my soundcard output and not anymore over my HDMI connection to my TV.
The strange thing is that all the XBMC system sounds (like the click sound you hear when you move the cursor up and down or the whoes sound when you press escape) are hearable via my TV.
But when I play start on a movie it is just silence (I luckly connected my HTPC also to my amplifier so we can still here the movie)

Is there some sort of setting I can adjust so that XBMC plays everything over my TV

You have likely lost the HDCP link for a moment (like by turning off the TV?). After that, Windows no longer offers HDMI (for the session). As a result, XBMC falls back to the next thing below WASAPI HDMI.

Solution? Restart your Windows, with your TV already turned on, go to Settings of XBMC, and select WASAPI HDMI again in the Audio section.
Thanks it works now.
No restart needed since XBMC still see HDMI as an audio output but apperently HDMI is no longer the deafault
Am Having same issue with kodi with no sound it has the speaker in red on upper right hand on everything i play.. any fix for getting Kodi un muted

I have tray to adjust vol wile play something no sound
I have sound coming out from my in window 8 computer
it stop working after adding: Phoenix last night but then i remove when the sound stop working
please any idea?
Am also new on this getting Kodi running again please help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound in a movie over HDMI0