Win Since XBMC 13.1 i have no spdif 5.1 output anymore
Hi,

Since i've upgraded from XBMC (12.1 i believe) to 13.1 i have problems with playing 5.1 movies. My reciever seems not to get a good spdif passthrough file to convert to 5.1.

I tried a lot of settings in either windows and xbmc but nothing seems to work. I've tested dolby digital and dts in windows and the reciever plays it without a problem.

I made printscreens of either my windows and my xbmc settings. Hopefully you guys can show/tell me what to do!.

I searched for passwords in my logs but couldn't find any. If someone finds a pass please tell me so i can remove them from the log.

LOG: https://www.sendspace.com/file/acpsty
Judging from the screens, it should work. I don't know enough about logfiles, so have no input there. For troubleshooting purposes, try to rename your 'guisettings.xml' to something else and restart XBMC. Then all settings are reset to default. Now set everything as you first had it and try a 5.1 video again. Don't know if it'll do anything at all, but this course of action has helped me numerous times, so it's worth a try. That guisettings file tends to get bloated over time, sometimes messing up some basic functionality.
Use WASAPI device selection.
I reinstalled everything and didn;t use wasapi, but despite that it's all working perfect again.

Hopefully with the update to 13.2 it'll keep on working Big Grin
Hi there!

(first of all sorry for my English)

I just switched from XBMC 12 (linux live distro) to Windows 8 / 13.2 combo because i wanted to expand the features of my HTPC. The hardware is a ZOTAC ID11 and everything was fine under linux (5.1, DTS, so on). An optical link is between PC and my receiver.

I have got trouble under window cause the amplifier always says PCM 44 instead of 3/2 or DTS. Surround 5.1 and DTS works when testing sound at Windows sound properties. I tried using WASABI SPDIF and DIRECTSOUND SPDIF devices under XBMC. Windows was a fresh intallations. I also tried different sound drivers without luck.

Any idea or help would be appriciated
Make sure you have Passthrough enabled in XBMC, if you don't see the Passthrough option check the Settings Level (new in v13) is set to Advanced, in the Confluence skin this is bottom left, see Settings (wiki)
Thanks for the prompt reply, i will check then revert soon.
It works. Thanks again !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Since XBMC 13.1 i have no spdif 5.1 output anymore0