Win Can XBMC read 2 different movie sets from NFO file
Hi,

I am currently generating the movie.nfo file from Media Companion and then XBMC 13.2 reads the movie information from the nfo file and loads it into its database.
I tried to display 1 movie under 2 different sets but it picks up by default the the name of the 1st movie set and ignores the other.

This is how I am trying to do it

NFO Filename Name: Cars.nfo

Inside this I have it 2 sets written like

<set>Cars Collection</set>
<set>Animated Movies Collection</set>

XBMC only shows the Cars Collection and not the other set name. It by default picks up the first set only and moves forward.
As far as I am aware, you can only place a movie into 1 set. I made a post in the feature request section about this. As nobody has replied telling me different, what I am going to do is make movie sets and then place them ALSO in a smart playlist. So, you would place Cars into Cars Collection, but then have a smart playlist load all Animated movies. I'm not sure if smart playlists load sets or just the individual movies, I'll post more when I get home later tonight.
Movies can only be in one set.

Tags would be one way to associate movies with multiple collections. However, I don't believe tags are currently read from nfos, so you'd need to add the tags manually once the movies are added to the library. You could use JSON to help automate tag assignment.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Does anyone know if tag reading from nfo will be in helix?
? Tag reading from nfo is in Gotham.
So they are - thanks for the correction: Movie Tags
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ok, sweet thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can XBMC read 2 different movie sets from NFO file0