Win Recordings thumnails wont show up in XBMC, .TS problem?
I have been looking forever to solve this problem and I still not getting it.

How is thumbnails suppose to work for recorded TV in XBMC?

I use NextPVR and the recordings is added to a folder with the shows name, ex folder "Friends", recordings for that show is named "Friends_20140307_19002030.ts" and so on, but no thumbnails is shown for any recordings as it douse for most other movie files in XBMC, is it a .TS problem?

And it would be great if the folder would show the recorded shows picture as it douse in NextPVR's recording directory, is there a way to accomplish that?

Would anyone know?
Unfortunately there are currently no thumbnails attached to recordings with NPVR. Unlike regular folders in XBMC, the PVR recordings are built dynamically by the PVR add-on and the image path is passed as a parameter. NPVR does not pass this image path (to my knowledge) as recordings dont have an idividual thumbnail.

I know Argus TV and a few others create thumbnails when the recordings complete, then they send the path to that image along with the recording information.

Ideally, the show thumbnail could be downloaded from thetvdb.com. There is a program for NPVR called imagegrablite that downloads the series information, it could download the episode thumbnail and store it in the recordings folder (after it renames the show.) Then NPVR could send the path to the thumbnail along with the recording information.

@Sub, thoughts? I could assist if needed... Smile
XBMC PVR Addon Unofficial Builds for Frodo Nightly Builds.
http://www.dotnetdevelopers.net/xbmc
In recent releases NextPVR does automatically download artwork for shows from thetvdb, for display in it's own UI. The functionality to show it in XBMC isn't done, but I did start that work.

Which screen does XBMC actually show this artwork currently? I wanted to test it, but I couldn't actually see where XBMC would try to use the strIconPath URL. It never seemed to call it. Does the default Confluence skin not do this?
(2014-09-21, 19:42)sub3 Wrote: In recent releases NextPVR does automatically download artwork for shows from thetvdb, for display in it's own UI. The functionality to show it in XBMC isn't done, but I did start that work.

I see, cool! I have been removed from your 'beta' area, so I am still running 3.2.9. Are those changes in that version?

(2014-09-21, 19:42)sub3 Wrote: Which screen does XBMC actually show this artwork currently? I wanted to test it, but I couldn't actually see where XBMC would try to use the strIconPath URL. It never seemed to call it. Does the default Confluence skin not do this?

Whenever you go to recordings and select a folder, the episodes thumbs should show up there. I don't think it is called by XBMC, I think the property just needs to be set to the path of the icon on the server.

Edit: Also, yes, the Confluence skin does use the recording thumbnails.
(2014-09-21, 21:14)wileecoyote Wrote:
(2014-09-21, 19:42)sub3 Wrote: In recent releases NextPVR does automatically download artwork for shows from thetvdb, for display in it's own UI. The functionality to show it in XBMC isn't done, but I did start that work.

I see, cool! I have been removed from your 'beta' area, so I am still running 3.2.9. Are those changes in that version?
Yes, in 3.2.9 you should see show art work when you click on a show in NextPVR's TV Guide (and in Recordings etc). In the case of the TV Guide, it'll either use a cached image downloaded previously, or you'll see it appear in a second or so if it can identify a match on the thetvdb (and it'll be stored to the cache). When you do a recording, it'll also download any artwork match it can find.

Quote:
(2014-09-21, 19:42)sub3 Wrote: Which screen does XBMC actually show this artwork currently? I wanted to test it, but I couldn't actually see where XBMC would try to use the strIconPath URL. It never seemed to call it. Does the default Confluence skin not do this?

Whenever you go to recordings and select a folder, the episodes thumbs should show up there. I don't think it is called by XBMC, I think the property just needs to be set to the path of the icon on the server.
I'd tried setting the URL, but XBMC never seemed to call the url. I'll try again.
Hmmm... so to be clear, your downloading the episode thumbnails or just the series? In NextPVR I see the series thumbnails, but I do not see the episode thumbnails.

Can you share an example of a URL link you set in the image property? Or PM it to me?

Edit: Also, the thumbnails in XBMC are on the recordings themselves, not on the folders (or parent of the series.) I don't think you can set the image of the parent folder for the series.
For now I'm just downloading series artwork, since most EPG used around the world don't have any episode specific identifiers, but I'm considering adding episode specific artwork when this information is known.

The url I was setting was in the following form, but this did depend on the a 3.3.x release of NextPVR to get a response.

/service?method=channel.show.artwork&sid=xxxxxx&event_id=yyyyyyy
I see... Thanks for the information Sub!

Just for fun, I may write a windows service that will download episode art after imagegrablite renames the recording (only if it contains the series and episode information), and also expose an API to send the images to the XBMC clients. If for some reason it cant get the image from thetvdb.com, I will grab a frame from the video.

After that I will have to make a special version of the NPVR add-on that sets the url property of the thumbnail.

As you can tell, I'm bored! Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recordings thumnails wont show up in XBMC, .TS problem?0