Win Help needed : How to run the Python Script fo Texture Cache Maintenanc
Hello All,

Refering to my post in another thread which was a bit old and supposedly would not get much replies. I am suffering from the symptoms as mentioned in the following thread :

Gotham scrolling performance vs Frodo (large library)

I need beginner's level help how to run this python script. I have installed Python 3.4.1 on my Windows 7 PC. Where and how to run this script, does it needs to be run on the same PC having the XBMC database , is there any specific folder where to place this script file. I have downloaded the script as mentioned in this thread

[RELEASE] Texture Cache Maintenance utility

A quick step wise guide would be thanked for.

Regards.
Anyone... .? Is it too much for a non techie to ask for...Would appreciate the gurus to help me out.

Thanks.
Honestly, you'll get far better answers in the scripts thread (as linked to by you above.) From what I understand, its best to run from the system with the XBMC database (with the webserver enabled) - with no specific folder needed for it to be run from - and needs a config file (an example provided in the first post of the scripts thread) if you're wanting to run it on a remote machine.

But, genuinely, the script has a very active thread (and a very active script author) - and you're far more likely to get knowledgeable answers on its thread, than in a new thread in a different part of the forum - where there's far less guarantee that someone with specific knowledge will see it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed : How to run the Python Script fo Texture Cache Maintenanc0