XBMC13 update : system hangs when tv off
Hello,
I've recently tried to update to Gotham.
Among other things, my raspberry pi upgrade shows some bugs related to hdmi state detection : no change are detected by /opt/vc/bin/tvservice for instance (running arch, by the way).

But since gotham has fixed the 95% cpu usage when idle (at least, on my system Frodo did that, gotham doesn't), so I'm ready to leave xbmc 'always on'.

Matter is :
- anytime I shut the tv off, my Pi becomes unreachable, or completely unusable (over an already opened ssh connexion, 'ls' tells me command not found ... same thing for 'reboot')
- if I switch th etv on again, main screens appear AND navigation on it seems to work ... but any 'OK' and it's a black screen and force electrical reboot.

I really don't know wht to do or look for.

All this seems to be related to hdmi (detection issues, ...)

On XBMC side, is tehre something cnfigured somewhere to 'pause' or whatever fancy action when a state change is detected ?

thanks for any clue,

P.
Are you sure it's TV related ?? 'ls' returning command not found smacks to me of a bad SD card - I've had exactly the same thing happen with a failing HDD. I think if I were you, I'd be checking the card for corruption.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Go to setting/system/input/peripherals/CEC and make sure "when the TV is switched off" is set to ignore.
That should be a default with a new install, but if you've updated from Frodo you may not have that.
Hi,

thanks for the quick reply !
"tv switch off" => I'll go and check.

but wait,

guess what ?

updated to 'linux-raspberrypi-latest 3.16.0-2' instead of 'linux-raspberrypi 3.12.26-1'

solved pretty much *everything*

Have to post that on arch forum ... Smile

what a damn headache for ... a dependency issue I'd say.

thanks again !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC13 update : system hangs when tv off0