pvr, (acestream and youtube) problems
Rainbow 
Hello everybody,

I have no idea where to introduce myself, so hi! I'm Thijs, 26 years old, live in the netherlands and enjoy since 2 months xbmc. Wonderfull stuff (if it works). I have since the beginning some problems with it, but couldn't aks my question anywhere... i'm a user of hotmail, after a couple of hundred attempts to register, i had to use a friends email in order to be able to be part of the forum community.... I know microsoft doesn't have much friends in the open source world, but I think this is really to much, just to block all the microsoft email users off the forum!!

During my search on the internet I was sent back to this page time after time again, but it doesn't help me at all. it's talking about windows, linux, mac os, raspberry pi and other, but I'm using xbmcbuntu, its none of the above Sad
The website from myth tv, wich I found all over the internet as a good pvr thing, didn't help me much further asswell. I installed an add-on from myth tv, but it said there is no backend...
Since I have choosen to erease my harddisk and install xbmcbuntu, google seems not to be able te help me much further... it's almost all about the windows version, or a version with at leas an opperating system behind it, wich i don't have.

I also have problems with AceStream, I've found on several websites that is an awesome way to stream online tv. I heard that I had to install p2p-stream to be able to make it work, so I did. But the thing is now that when I open MotorsTV for example, p2p-streams does give a message that Acestream is not installed... how can I install Acestream?

Today was the drop for me to ask somebody's e-mail adress to be able to join this forum, when I wanted to watch a youtube video with ID: yiTmf3Q_oL8
there is a grey block in front of the name witch said that the video isn't listed and only people with the link can see it... how can i watch this video relax from the couch in stead of my office

I really hope that there is somebody who can help me one or more of these problems!

Regards,
Thijs

My questions in brief:
1. I want to use the pvr ability from xbmc on my xbmcbuntu computer
2. How do I install AceStream on xbmcbuntu?
3. Is is possible to watch a youtube video thrue the id code?

P.S.:
After I've read my message, I saw my frustration back in it... I feel the need to appologise for the rough tone of my post. Thanks in advance for accepting it Wink
A bit calmed down from yesterday (A) I realize that I could overfload you with to many questions in one post.. do I need to split it up in several posts on the diffrent subject forums?

In that case, please let me know.

Thanks
1) Have a read of this http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR BTW, the underlying OS in XBMCbuntu is Ubuntu 14.04 Linux Wink
2) There is a thread in the addons section regarding p2p-streams. Note that you should read the forum rules (wiki), the piracy policy and the content of the first post in that thread before asking questions in there. Thread is here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201894
3) No idea - there is an official youtube addon in the repo, and an unofficial one from bromix here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=200735
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Thank you black eagle!

When I look at the PVR wiki page I really get nowhere. I'll show you what happens:
On this page, I click on "next step, setting up the backend software" it brings me here.
I've read a lot that mythTV should be a good one, so I clicked on that what brings me to this page.
Then I want to install MythTV, so I follow the instructions and go to the mythTV wiki page
Since you told me that ubuntu 14.04 is the underlaying OS I follow the ubuntu dread what brings me to Mythbuntu
What I don't understand is that if I follow the path I can't find anything to install the backend thing on my xbmcbuntu computer.
Where does it go wrong?

About the p2p-streams, I'll ask in that thread you gave me.

I was using the original YouTube add-on from the xbmc menu... maybe somebody else who know if this is possible, to play movie by ID?
Yeah, can be a bit confusing. Do you know how to log out of XBMC and into the XBMCbuntu desktop session ?
Yeah, I know how that works, log in to xbmc buntu, by excident... well, at least I got the login screen, but after login i was brought back to xbmc.
Yeah, click the spanner icon on the top right to switch the session after you have exited from XBMC. To install MythTV once logged into the desktop, open a terminal window and type in the following

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mythtv

That will install the full client/server setup for mythtv.
Should I use XTerm or UXTerm for that command? there is nothing called terminal like there is on my Desktop computer
(2014-08-20, 21:12)tj88 Wrote: Should I use XTerm or UXTerm for that command? there is nothing called terminal like there is on my Desktop computer

Either would be fine Smile
Well, a little update of what I've done, and the result

I opened the desktop view from xbmcbuntu, and thrue the xterm I entered your commands... it took him a couple of minutes, but he said everything is installed. I had to tell if another computer has to access the backend, so I said no, only this computer.

Than he asked me to make a password, so I did, and he was working for another minute to install everything.

Well, it seemed all allright, I got the message thijs@nell:~$ so I assumed the installation was finished. I logged out and logged in in to xbmc again.

I didn't see any changes, so I tried to install their app, mythbox which was availeble in the "get more add-ons" section.

What I see then is a couple of scripts listed underneath eachother with all a diffrent number... seems like it doesn't work. I don't know if this is the right add-on i should use, or i made another mistake... I don't know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr, (acestream and youtube) problems0