Stable vs unstable build
Hello...I'm puzzled why my xbmc seems to be updating to nightly or unstable builds. I always update via terminal and always point to the stable release (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa). Updating this way yesterday it is now running 14.0-ALPHA3 Git:ca73476 (Compiled: Aug 16 2014) (and the search function now doesn't work properly--keyboard appears but keys are blank and unable to type). I'd like to stick to stable releases--how to do this? Thanks!
Read Team XBMC PPA (wiki)
ok, I did that and pointed to, again, the stable build repository and I ended up with 13.1, not 13.2. Furthermore, when I switched skins within 13.1 it went completely haywire and the skin is completely devoid of text, only the basic background making it impossible to navigate or even exit to ubuntu where I might be able to access the terminal again to try and update to another build...
What OS and OS version are you running?
13.2 isn't in stable PPA yet.
Because you first installed Helix and then back to Gotham it is likely that you used one of the two skins that are also updated for Helix.

So delete Transparency or Aeon Nox from the addons folder in userdata (wiki) and reinstalling it after force refreshing repository
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-18, 09:03)Martijn Wrote: 13.2 isn't in stable PPA yet.

yes it is Wink
That must have been it. Back up and running...thanks Martijn!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stable vs unstable build0