• 14(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
(2014-09-29, 09:28)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 15:28)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 14:49)Mike_Doc Wrote: Hi Phil,

logfile for new 'script failed' issue using ANG 4.1.9.9. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=304366

Regards,

Mike.

it´s caused by one of your RSS widgets (they probably wont work anymore in Warlion´s mod)

Hi Phil, just to let you know that the fix for this for ANG is to remove the following from default.py:

if info == 'json':
from MiscScraper import GetYoutubeVideos
videos = GetYoutubeVideos(self.feed,self.prop_prefix)
passDataToSkin('RSS', videos, self.prop_prefix)
el

I don't use youtube at all, don't even think I have it installed so perhaps that could be part of the problem. Anyway with removing these lines the 'script failed' no longer happens. Seems something specific to ANG perhaps as we have had this fix for previous versions of your script as well.

Mike.

there is no fix needed. problem is that you set up some outdated JSON url somewhere in your setup. nothing wrong with the script.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ok, thanks Phil. Didn't mean to imply the script is broken and needed fixed, just that removing this corrects the issue in ANG. I know very little but when you mention JSON url would you be talking about this:

<item>
<label>31204</label>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(SearchString)</onclick>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(RSSWidgetFeed,http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_id=6eeab87a37b2983b1f391adb753814a3&amp;_render=json&amp;youtubeid=$INFO[Skin.String(SearchString)])</onclick>
<onclick>Skin.SetString(RSSWidgetTitle,$LOCALIZE[31204])</onclick>
<onclick>Dialog.Close(1160)</onclick>
</item>

If not would you mind just giving me a point where and what to look for and what it should be changed to if it is outdated?

Thanks,

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hello Phil,

I am having a problem in that none of the widgets that I understand use the extendeinfo script are working for me (upcoming movies, permiered tv shows, etc., they do not show any content, neither does the "Trailers" main menu item) If I look at the "Help" screen in the skin settings, it appears as if I did not have the script.extendedinfo 0.0.8 installed. I have the latest version from your Git installed (I think that is 0.8.0, right?). How can I have the skin load this script correctly? My apologies if this is something that has been covered elsewhere, I was not able to find it. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart
0.8.0 that latest one im still running 0.2.0 where do i find the latest script by phil?
Ever thaught about reading the opening Post?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
(2014-09-29, 22:30)bsoriano Wrote: Hello Phil,

I am having a problem in that none of the widgets that I understand use the extendeinfo script are working for me (upcoming movies, permiered tv shows, etc., they do not show any content, neither does the "Trailers" main menu item) If I look at the "Help" screen in the skin settings, it appears as if I did not have the script.extendedinfo 0.0.8 installed. I have the latest version from your Git installed (I think that is 0.8.0, right?). How can I have the skin load this script correctly? My apologies if this is something that has been covered elsewhere, I was not able to find it. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Have you installed and setup the following to make extendedinfo 0.8.0 work correctly in ANG

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203196

You will need to follow the instruction in the first line of code shown in post 1

Hope this helps
(2014-09-29, 23:23)phil65 Wrote: Ever thaught about reading the opening Post?

Yes, of course, Phil, and I have all required scripts installed. I use a Windows Git client to keep all your scripts and the skin updated. I do a pull every day to see if there are any new changes.
Awesome work, can't wait for the Kodi version.
What do i need to read to learn how to code skins? Python?
(2014-09-30, 16:13)snyft Wrote: Awesome work, can't wait for the Kodi version.

no, in general you only need to know the XBMC skinning engine, based on XML. (lot of tutorials online)
python is used for scripts / plugins, only my skin "requires" python to have it work.

(2014-09-30, 15:44)bsoriano Wrote:

Yes, of course, Phil, and I have all required scripts installed. I use a Windows Git client to keep all your scripts and the skin updated. I do a pull every day to see if there are any new changes.

if the trailers window does not work then i bet you do not have newest script.home installed.
(2014-09-30, 16:23)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-09-30, 16:13)snyft Wrote: Awesome work, can't wait for the Kodi version.

no, in general you only need to know the XBMC skinning engine, based on XML. (lot of tutorials online)
python is used for scripts / plugins, only my skin "requires" python to have it work.

(2014-09-30, 15:44)bsoriano Wrote:

if the trailers window does not work then i bet you do not have newest script.home installed.

Phil,

I do have it. I will delete the skin and the scripts and reinstall to see if that clears it. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I figured out my problem finally. It seems that from previous use of the other Aeon Nox 4.1.9 under Gotham I had disabled the extendedinfo script since at one time it always showed an error at the launch of XBMC. I had completely forgotten that I had disabled it. Once I re-enabled it, everything is working as expected.

Regards,

Bart
let that be a lesson for you to make sure that everything is set up correctly before askin for help. stuff like this costs a lot of time I´d rather put into developing. (and I think most here want the same)
Also if you decide to post a bug please ALWAYS add a debug log. that would make life much easier for us devs.
Dear all,
hoping not be too stupid. I am looking for the customizers menu under Skin - Settings - customizers to Change the main menu Settings. did i miss something.
thanks for any help.

best regards fred
(2014-10-01, 21:18)fred76 Wrote: Dear all,
hoping not be too stupid. I am looking for the customizers menu under Skin - Settings - customizers to Change the main menu Settings. did i miss something.
thanks for any help.

best regards fred

Press c while main menu is in focus.
Anyone else having problems with fanart not showing for tv shows?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11