• 79(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
(2015-07-11, 16:38)phil65 Wrote: something like this wanted?

6 Widgets for every main menu item.

Looks good Phil! Blush
Phil you are way ahead of the pack ! this will be awesome. Would you consider bringing something like icon panel widget that one could just add anything to the home screen ?
Also in your credits .. xbmc still remains .. is that intentional ? for the legacy what is / was known as xbmc .. or just something that escaped your eye ?
Phil, would it be possible to add info actions for AddArtToLibrary to script.toolbox? So skins can call just the functions they want (ie, extra fanart) without displaying the entire script.toolbox menu.

Thanks!
good morning phil Smile
first of all... big thx for your great work with the extendedinfo script - it rocks !!!! well done buddy

i have just one small "problem" with it - i use german ugly FSK info for my movies, but still get either an "NA" for a rating or a UK ( or US ? ) "R" or other non FKS rating Icons
i scrape my collection with Ember and get "germany:18 ; germany:12 " for fsk rating ... what german rating text should i use for it, to get a propper info on "eif" ?

thx in advance
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
For anyone who feels adventurous:
https://github.com/phil65/script.home/tr...tal_widget
https://github.com/phil65/Aeon-Nox/tree/...tal_widget

Still has several bugs (live widget preview not workin, NowPlaying info overlaps with widgets,...), I am aware of them so no need to report. The basic functionality should work though.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
in case this is a bug...
all posters show up blank in 'recently added episodes / tri panel' layout 1,2 and 3
(2015-07-12, 18:55)phil65 Wrote: For anyone who feels adventurous:

Still has several bugs (live widget preview not workin, NowPlaying info overlaps with widgets,...), I am aware of them so no need to report. The basic functionality should work though.

Hi Phi,

dowloaded the first one to be adventurous with but after installing from zip and get 'Homewindow script addon installed' message I can't find it in my addons to configure etc.

Am I doing something stupid like normal?

Mike.
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
(2015-07-16, 14:53)Mike_Doc Wrote:
(2015-07-12, 18:55)phil65 Wrote: For anyone who feels adventurous:

Hi Phi,

dowloaded the first one to be adventurous with but after installing from zip and get 'Homewindow script addon installed' message I can't find it in my addons to configure etc.

Am I doing something stupid like normal?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

you also need to install the second link, restart and then it should work.
Ah, I see it's specific to Phils skin, I thought the fix link was for a standalone new script and then 2nd was for his skin, so I just installed the first.

My bad, thought by the looks of the 1st link and the contents of script.home that I could use it in my skin.

Thanks neurosis13,
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
Hi Phil,

I keep getting script.toolbox errors the first time (after booting) I load a video or music file in Isengard RC3 (nightlies) on my Fire TV. I'm running the Mimic skin minimally with no library or widgets. It only happens the first time, and then I don't see it again until I reboot.[/code]

I have the latest script.toolbox (1.1.0) and mimic from Github (2.2.0)

Here is a sample of the error:

Code:
09:25:03 T:1552570008   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (MyVideoNav.xml) ------
09:25:03 T:1685453584   DEBUG: script.toolbox: image already in xbmc cache: special://profile/Thumbnails/d/d4acd946.jpg
09:25:03 T:1552570008   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoFullScreen.xml) ------
09:25:03 T:1552570008    INFO: Loading skin file: VideoFullScreen.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
09:25:03 T:1737890168   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio - CDVDMsg::GENERAL_RESYNC(21333.333333, 1)
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:: width(720), height(404), stride(768), slice-height(416), color-format(2141391875)
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:: crop-left(0), crop-top(0), crop-right(719), crop-bottom(403)
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:: Direct Surface Rendering
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerVideo::CalcDropRequirement - hurry: 1
09:25:03 T:1737357896  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 720, pheight: 404, dwidth: 720, dheight: 404
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: int CDVDPlayerVideo::OutputPicture(const DVDVideoPicture*, double) - change configuration. 720x404. framerate: 23.98. format: MEDIACODEC
09:25:03 T:1737357896  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
09:25:03 T:1737357896   DEBUG: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - 2
09:25:03 T:1552570008   DEBUG: Load VideoFullScreen.xml: 40.77ms
09:25:03 T:1552570008   DEBUG: Alloc resources: 41.14ms  (41.11 ms skin load)
09:25:03 T:1685453584   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: The _imaging C module is not installed
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/default.py", line 149, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/default.py", line 35, in __init__
                                                image, imagecolor = Filter_Image(self.image_now, int(self.params.get("radius", 5)))
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.toolbox/resources/lib/Utils.py", line 177, in Filter_Image
                                                img.thumbnail((200, 200), Image.ANTIALIAS)
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 1559, in thumbnail
                                                self.load()
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 164, in load
                                                self.load_prepare()
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/ImageFile.py", line 231, in load_prepare
                                                self.im = Image.core.new(self.mode, self.size)
                                              File "/data/data/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/script.module.pil/lib/PIL/Image.py", line 37, in __getattr__
                                                raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
                                            ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:25:03 T:1552570008   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoOverlay.xml) ------

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks
Good morning Phil,

Would you be willing to look at what changes are needed for the skin to work in Kodi 16 and incorporate them, perhaps in a separate branch? Two reasons for my asking:

1. As of today, as you most likely already know, the Kodi nightlies are based on Kodi 16, not Isengard.
2. In my testing of your skin with Kodi 16, there is a problem with side menus (like when you want to change viewtype options), in which the keyboard becomes unresponsive and some of the menu remains on the screen even after you leave the menu. Latest Nox 5 from GitHub (which has Kodi 16 changes in it) does not exhibit this issue.

Thank you for considering my request, your skin remains for me the most polished and elegant out there, and I would love to use it completely under Kodi 16.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-07-20, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote: Good morning Phil,

Would you be willing to look at what changes are needed for the skin to work in Kodi 16 and incorporate them, perhaps in a separate branch? Two reasons for my asking:

1. As of today, as you most likely already know, the Kodi nightlies are based on Kodi 16, not Isengard.
2. In my testing of your skin with Kodi 16, there is a problem with side menus (like when you want to change viewtype options), in which the keyboard becomes unresponsive and some of the menu remains on the screen even after you leave the menu. Latest Nox 5 from GitHub (which has Kodi 16 changes in it) does not exhibit this issue.

Thank you for considering my request, your skin remains for me the most polished and elegant out there, and I would love to use it completely under Kodi 16.

Regards,

Bart
Should already be fixed in the experimental_widget branch.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2015-07-20, 17:29)phil65 Wrote:
(2015-07-20, 17:22)bsoriano Wrote: Good morning Phil,

Regards,

Bart
Should already be fixed in the experimental_widget branch.

Thanks Phil! I will test right away.

Regards,

Bart
Tested, it works great, thanks Phil.

Regards,

Bart
(2015-07-11, 16:38)phil65 Wrote: something like this wanted?

6 Widgets for every main menu item.

HI Phil, DEFINATELY YES!! You are ONTO SOMETHING GOOD! Big Grin

I posted my mockups over on the Madnox thread yesterday, and I'll post them here as well.
My reasoning for this Viewtype: My wife started using Netflix on our new Vizio Ultra 4K SmartTV,....
and she remarked how intuitive and easy it was to maneuver on Netflix and find content to watch...
(so, ... what follows is my version of what a good easy-to-use skin, that mimics Netflix, would look like)

POST from Yesterday:

I posted a few pages back, something I'd like to see done ... BLUE SKY HERE! Big Grin
An Arrayed Kodiflix Movie Wall ... so anyway, I ran out of Beer today Sad , so I thought I'd do a further Mockup of what it might look like:

When the page first loads, you're in the Movies line, ... Press "down arrow" on the remote and you get this:

Now you're in the TV Line .... press down again and you go to Top250 , and so on..

EndPost

Anyway, I'm thinking a Kodiflix type of basic view is needed. (Landscape ONLY)
Then, take the TOP BAR, and ...

I don't think many people use the top bar, ....anyway ...

Let's suppose I setup my top bar like so:

Movies
TV Shows
Lynns Movies (Video playlist of my wifes movies she likes)
Oscars (Best Picture Winners)
TOP250 (IMDB)
Movie Genres
Movies Year
Music Video

Now I'd like to have a "quick" way to switch between these ...
When in the Kodiflix view, ... if you press the 'Down Arrow' once,

.... you would instantly switch to the next selection in the Top Bar.

Press "Down Arrow" again would then switch to the next "Top Bar" selection and so on.

(Notice: Page Jump removed for extra space. Each array line labeled on the wall, ie Movies, TV Shows, The second line should be partially visible, so the viewer knows what playlist/favorite/etc is coming up next)
(Also, if space is at a premium, remove company icon, video resolution, etc , also remove Director, Writer. These are not needed on this type of movie wall, if one neeeds to know this, press Info on the remote)

just a thought!
Legion

PS Again thanks ever so much for all the work you've done here for us Noobs & no-Talent Couch Potatoes!! Smile
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11