OS X How do I setup Harmony 350 to work with XBMC on MacBook Pro?
Hi, I'm new to XBMC.

I would like to setup my new Harmony 350 to work with my MacBook Pro with an XBMC install. I've added to my Devices so far my Samsung TV, Speakers and Apple Media Center (MacBook Pro HTPC). I am having difficulty a) pairing with my MacBook (has IR sensor, early 2011) and b) getting XBMC to work. Are they separate devices, or the same? Also, the device Microsoft XBMC seems to be the old Xbox XBMC. I've looked everywhere for help, but can't get it to work.

*Hopefully without buying another device, such as flirc.

_____
OS X Mavericks 10.9
13.1 Gotham
It should be in the Mac FAQ (wiki), but I think you just use the "Plex" profile on the Harmony, which will emulate a typical Apple Remote. There should also be a setting in XBMC that you can play with for Harmony remotes as well, as mentioned somewhere in the Mac FAQ (wiki).
I don't see a 'profile'. I'm using MyHarmony desktop...all I see is Home, Devices, Activities (only one), Buttons and Favorites.
I've tried the Multiremote Harmony setting.
Bump.
Whatever it's called, it should either say "Plex" or it might say "Apple TV" directly. Basically, you should be at a point where the Harmony behaves like the white/silver Apple remote and be able to control iTunes and such on the laptop. Once that happens then you go into XBMC's settings:

XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices, and change "Apple remote" to "Universal"

By default you shouldn't have to pair the remote to the laptop, but Logitech should have instructions if you need to pair it, in case the remote is controlling two devices and you need it to only control one.
Thanks, but do I add Plex: Plex Player as a device or Apple TV? I already added the Mac to Harmony.
Experimented with it, it worked! Just need to remap some buttons! Thanks.
How do I remap buttons on OS X?
I've tried creating a Joystick.Harmony file not working.
remapping works the same like for all other platforms. Please search the wiki (and ensure that your file is placed into the correct directory as stated in the wiki). If it doesn't work look into the debug log (wiki) it should state why it wasn't able to load your custom mapping file.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yes, but my Harmony is set up as an Apple remote. Will this be different from normal keymaps?
<universalremote>
<obc148>Stop</obc148>
</universalremote>

Should I use this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I setup Harmony 350 to work with XBMC on MacBook Pro?1