Req Kodi via ID@Xbox to xbox one
I think it's about time you guys brought XBMC home and made this awesome app work on the Xbox One

even though plex and Microsoft themselves are giving us solutions they are crap and I though it would be nice to see an SMB connected player on the xbone using the xbones grunt instead of something shitty like plex upnp and dlna.

I hope someone picks this up and runs wiht it
I've seen a gamescom video that XBOX One's media player will get an update and support DNLA + a variety of codecs (no ISOs ofc) - that's probably the best you can get I fear. Porting to XBOX One (or whatever is required to in theory make this possible) is nothing any team dev is interested in.
As da-anda say's, there is no interest from among the current dev's for doing this, however if someone from the community wanted to take up the challenge up of attempting the port and it was done well and in an easily maintainable manner then there likely wouldn't be any objections for it being merged, and if whoever stayed on and supported their work there would be the possibility of a Team invite.
https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2...ive-event/

Now can we have kodi on xbox one ? Surly this opens things for you guys?
(2016-08-23, 21:46)Assimilator69 Wrote: https://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2...ive-event/

Now can we have kodi on xbox one ? Surly this opens things for you guys?

This does not change the fact the none of the current devs are interested in doing it. As stated before, if a volunteer from the community wants to take this on the invitation is there...
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Well that changes not so much. There are threads about kodi as an universal app already. The same reasons that stop kodi atm from being an universal app can be applied here to the xbox too of course.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi via ID@Xbox to xbox one0