Req DLNA as default audio output device
Music 
Would love to see the ability to set a UPNP/DLNA device as the default audio device I have a SONOS set up in the living room which is a much better set of proper HiFi speakers than the TV ones and being able to have XBMC/Kodi set its self as the source and start playing would be awesome and it would give real volume control of the amp.

I'm aware I could run a 3.5mm cable to the SONOS system however that would require the volume to be controlled on a separate device to the video/having to set the input on the speakers every time and that has a very low WAF.

Not for myself but similar behaviour for the video could suite other usage cases where the HTPC was only connected to a smart TV by Ethernet and was physically in a different room/used with more than 1 TV.

I'm aware this might be a bit niche but it appearers lots of work is being done on UPNP and if you don't ask you don't get.

Thanks for the great work.
Tim
I think this is possible and someone posted how to set it up that way, but I can't seem to find the link at the moment. Basically, they used the external player (wiki) feature and figured out what to enter for a specific UPnP/DLNA device.
Hello guys,

Did you find the issue please?
I want to do exactly the same thing. Not with SONOS systems but with SONY speaker SRS-X7.
Note : The option "play with..." works fine ;-)

Thanks ahead
Bye
I've been pondering about this feature also but haven't had the energy (or really need) to code it up. It should be feasable though, with some latency. But if the intent is mostly to stream music it is doable.

Anyways, here is a way to do it with the entire desktops sound (Linux, pulseaudio).
http://askubuntu.com/questions/187086/ho...ant-device
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
The issue is here :

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=192719

Congrats JoostXBMC !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DLNA as default audio output device0