Bit of a build thread..
Hi all,

I've been a Raspbmc on Raspberry Pi user since the 256k pi days, but I was recently offered a Quad 2.4Ghz Q6660 on a Foxconn MB with 4Gb of DDR2 for an amazing price so jumped at the chance to build a proper HTPC. My Current Setup uses the Pi ethernet linked with an old single core laptop as a server in another room with a 3Tb HD attached for media running the usual suite of CP, SB and SNZBD which works brilliantly! My main reason for building the new system is to enhance and condense the servers responsibilities with the Pi's.

Here's what I've done so far...
As above, a friend sold me a Quad 2.4Ghz Q6660 on a Foxconn MB with 4Gb of DDR2.
Got a Silverstone Milo ML03B case
also got Asus NVIDIA GT 610

I already had a spare 2.5" 500gb SATA2 drive and my 3Tb storage drive.

Bung it all together and realised I didn't have a CPU cooler or low profile back plate for the GFX so might nip up the road to Scan computers tomorrow for the cooler and i've ordered a backplate from ebay.

Hopefully more to come soon
I've built a couple of HTPCs (mainly based on Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge Pentiums) for family members using the ML03B case. It's simple, easy to work in, low cost, and fits in well in a TV stand. I really like it as a good value case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit of a build thread..0