Raspberry Pi B+ Constant Reboot on Start
So, yeah. I got a raspberry pi, and was happy to see that the version I had came with a little partition on the microSDHC card that had not only the raspberry pi's os, but this as well. Excellent!

I installed it, and left it plugged into the net as it said it needed to reboot.

And now... nothing. I can't get it to do -anything.- It just starts, says to relax as it needs to reboot, goes black, says to relax as it needs to reboot... and will do this until the end of freaking TIME.
I'm dual booting with the default Pi os, and THAT works fine... so I know it's not the power supply or anything. Help?

(Also how the hell do I change it to composite out? I keep getting stuck having to switch cables as I only have one monitor capable of handling the video.)
Does the power LED flicker at all before it reboots?

I assume you are using raspmbc? Does openelec behave differently?
I'm using raspmbc, yeah. No flicker. About to try openelec though. Shame, I really thought Raspmbc would be better...
Well that fixed it, so thanks. Now; how do I force it to use Composite instead of HDMI?
(2014-08-19, 02:54)Tassyr Wrote: Well that fixed it, so thanks. Now; how do I force it to use Composite instead of HDMI?

If you are using NOOBS you press 3 or 4 (for PAL or NTSC) on first boot, and it will give you option to make that change permanent,
If you didn't do that, boot into NOOBS (press shift when booting) and there is an option to edit the config.txt for any installed OS's.
Use that and comment out (insert a # at start of line) the line with hdmi_force_hotplug=1.

It should then use composite whenever HDMI is not plugged in on boot.
(2014-08-19, 12:21)popcornmix Wrote: If you are using NOOBS you press 3 or 4 (for PAL or NTSC) on first boot, and it will give you option to make that change permanent,
If you didn't do that, boot into NOOBS (press shift when booting) and there is an option to edit the config.txt for any installed OS's.
Use that and comment out (insert a # at start of line) the line with hdmi_force_hotplug=1.

It should then use composite whenever HDMI is not plugged in on boot.

Out of interest .. where is the config.txt stored on a NOOBS install? (OpenELEC) Doesn't appear in Windows at the SD cards root level?
(2014-08-19, 15:01)evangelion Wrote: Out of interest .. where is the config.txt stored on a NOOBS install? (OpenELEC) Doesn't appear in Windows at the SD cards root level?

You should see partition 1 when inserted into windows. That will contains the boot files and config.txt settings for the NOOBS boot.
There will be another higher boot partition for every installed OS.

E.g. Openelec may use partition 4 for boot and partition 5 for storage. There will be another config.txt in partition 4.

It's a bit harder to edit config.txt files on higher partitions from windows, but you can from linux, you can from NOOBS itself (boot with shift held down)
and you can from the OS once booted (e.g. mount -o remount,rw /flash and edit /flash/config.txt).
Thanks for the clarification! Normal service can now be resumed, sorry for the hijack Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi B+ Constant Reboot on Start0