Req Season/Series Finale Indicator
Hello,

If a TV show episode is a season or series finale, it would be very helpful if XBMC could automatically mark it as such. Possibly by tagging on " - SEASON/SERIES FINALE" after the episode name in the library. So something like "2x13 - Episode Title - SEASON FINALE".

Season/series finales are far more exciting to watch when you know it's a finale. The problem with cutting the cord and watching programming via XBMC is that you don't see promos etc telling you the episode you'll be watching is a finale. So unless you're manually tracking each show you watch on Wikipedia or something, you won't know which episode is a finale.

I don't imagine this feature is very complex to add seeing as it's just fetching a little more info when updating the library... as long as season/series finale info is provided by the services XBMC uses to identify shows.

Here's hoping...

Thanks!
(2014-08-19, 06:25)peterallcdn Wrote: as long as season/series finale info is provided by the services XBMC uses to identify shows.

I don't think it is. Check theTVDB information
Welcome to forums Wink

Tvrage does that, tvdb I dont think so. Currently scrapers use tvdb not tvrage though iirc, but yes would be nice to have. You would still need skin support to display that info if it was potentially there not just scraper and a interested developer with free time.
imho this is should be a feature request for sickbeard (as well)
TheTVDB doesn't seem to have this info, as uNiversal says. How _could_ this happen otherwise?
I like the idea. This basic idea of an "in-progress/currently airing" indicator has been tossed around before, too. Certainly, we'd need a source of such data, but I wouldn't consider that a deal breaker. Sometimes it's amazing how fast a demand will be met once the demand has been demonstrated. Good ideas spread like wild fire.
added basic support in my fork. no scraper work, no skin work.

uses

<specialflag>[season|series]finale</specialflag> in nfo files (or scrapers)

skinners can use the props series_finale and season_finale on the listitems to do their deed.

https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc-cmake/c...db77452d8a
Hey all, thanks for the replies! I'm glad to see there is some interest in this feature.

I've just placed a season/series finale feature request in the TheTVDB forum. If you all have a moment, maybe yas can post a reply there to show support for the feature request. I'm sure that'd help it get more traction that a single user requesting it.

Feature request at TheTVDB:
http://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19514

Thanks!
The first two replies to that thread are exactly why I have lost all faith in TVDB. A replacement site can't come soon enough. The attitude of "lock down and deny because the user might be wrong" is harmful to the entire crowdsourcing concept. They normally lock down older shows anyways, making it hard for users to understand how to correct older, but still incorrect data, so accuracy is already hurting there (the very idea that such data needs to be "locked" after a certain time is stupid in the first place).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Season/Series Finale Indicator0