movie files and directories missing?
I'm finally finishing up with my movie collection, but have run into a weird problem with my movie files and directories.

First problem:
I ran Missing Movie Scanner and it logged about 5 movies that I ripped using makemkv. I go into the directory to check for them and I dont see them anywhere, but if I search using the search function they are found. Sweet Home Alabama for example

Second Problem:
I find some files in the file explorer that say directory is invalid. I can't open them, delete them, rename etc. I can however watch these same movies in XBMC.
I don't know why it's happening but you could try the following to sort it out.

Create a new folder in 'Movies' called 'sha (2002)’

Do your find again for sweet.

Copy the MKV file to the new folder.

Delete the 'Sweet Home Alabama (2002)’ folder from the 'find' window.

Rename the 'sha' folder to 'Sweet Home Alabama (2002)’.
DEBUG log: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
HTPC advice: http://mymediaexperience.com , http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-bui...lete-guide
My HTPC: an Acer Revo RL80 Nettop PC:
Windows 10
Intel Core-i3-2377M @ 1.5GHz, 4GB DDR3 @ 665MHz, Intel HD3000
465GB SATA disk, DVD-RW, 1.8TB Seagate USB disk

Thanks. I thried that last night and it just populated two (both watchable) instances of the sam movie in XBMC
Looks to me that Sweet Home Alabama is grouped into another movie folder under another movie name. Your one screenshot show The longest Yard highlighted and the search showing Sweet home Alabama. Take a look in each movie folder and see if other movies are in them. Just a thought.
(2014-08-19, 15:09)Harro Wrote: Looks to me that Sweet Home Alabama is grouped into another movie folder under another movie name. Your one screenshot show The longest Yard highlighted and the search showing Sweet home Alabama. Take a look in each movie folder and see if other movies are in them. Just a thought.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I realized that I had the longest yard highlighted by accident. That didn't have anything to do with the search, just where my mouse happened to land.

If you look at the path on the search results, it shows Sweet Home Alabama directory it in F:movies, but on the first screen shot that is sorted alphabetically in descending order, that directory isn't there.

I can access both of these movies however from XBCM. When I look at the path from XBMC it shows F:\ Movies\Sweet home Alabama (date) and F:\ Movies\Mean Girls(date)
Its probably something to do with illegal characters in the folder name. Example, "F:\Movies\ Mean Girls (2004) \Mean Girls (2004).mkv. Notice the space after the slash in the folder name.

You could always install Cygwin or use a linux live cd to rename the folders/files properly so it plays nice with Windows.
(2014-08-19, 16:43)helta Wrote: Its probably something to do with illegal characters in the folder name. Example, "F:\Movies\ Mean Girls (2004) \Mean Girls (2004).mkv. Notice the space after the slash in the folder name.

You could always install Cygwin or use a linux live cd to rename the folders/files properly so it plays nice with Windows.
That's what I thought might be the problem, but I didn't know how to change it properly. Every time I tried to edit the folder name it gave me an error along the lines of "source and destination folder are the same"

Thanks for the software recommendations. Are they pretty straight forward to use?
Yeah, once windows is loaded, it won't allow you to rename it because of the illegal characters (if you have ever had a folder created with a period on the end, you would know what I'm talking about). I know its overkill, but Cgywin will allow you to mount the hard drive and rename it via command line. Then Windows won't bitch about it.

Not exactly the most user friendly things if you haven't used them before, but nonetheless its good experience to give it a shot and try it out.
(2014-08-19, 19:54)helta Wrote: Yeah, once windows is loaded, it won't allow you to rename it because of the illegal characters (if you have ever had a folder created with a period on the end, you would know what I'm talking about). I know its overkill, but Cgywin will allow you to mount the hard drive and rename it via command line. Then Windows won't bitch about it.

Not exactly the most user friendly things if you haven't used them before, but nonetheless its good experience to give it a shot and try it out.

Great. I guess I'll dig into it tonight. Thanks for your help/.
Well that was it. There was a space before the directory name which caused both problems. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie files and directories missing?0