Advice On New Setup
I have been experimenting with XBMC on my old Core2Duo for the last couple weeks and am ready to take the plunge into a whole home setup. I have been experimenting with a cheap USB TV tuner and indoor antenna but have ordered a HD Homerun Prime for my cable subscription. I have Charter and from everything I can find they only copy protect the premium channels in my area. I already have an HP N40L server running Server 2012 with 6TB of storage. That server is running MySQL and has the shared XBMC database on it. I also use it to store my media and data files. The shared library is working between the old computer I have connected to my living room TV and my laptop so I am good there. I have been using Windows Media Center and ServerWMC and that has been working well as well. I have narrowed my hardware down to two options. Option one would be to use a different PVR back end on the server and put a NUC at each TV. The other option is to build a HTPC for the living room which would run the PVR backend as well as have a large drive for storing recordings. I would then put a NUC at my other TV's The server would continue to serve all the other media. I don't mind using Windows so I can use ServerWMC but am not opposed to Linux either. Which option would you guys suggest? Also, I see some people setting up a ramdisk and using that for their timeshift data. It it worth adding a little extra RAM to set something like that up?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advice On New Setup0