WebSocket and/or EventServer?
Can anyone describe the difference between the "EventServer" that use port 9777, and connecting to XBMC with WebSocket on the port i set in xbmc webcontrol settings?

also when trying to connect to xbmc with android app yatze i get prompted for userid and password. but with websockets i can connect and controll xbmc fine without password. anyone know why?
Its two completely seperate protocols. The EventServer uses our own UDP protocol wereas the websocket one uses JSON-RPC with our selfmade API ontop.
The EventServer is similar to what an IR blaster does, everything is fire and forget, great for remotes. Its quick with low latency.
JSON-RPC is a bi-directional transport, so you can ask XBMC stuff and get responses. Also get notifications when something changes in XBMC. But its TCP, so its "slower". But in general its negligable.

So they partly serve different purposes but in most cases I'd recomend using the json-rpc (but I'm biased)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WebSocket and/or EventServer?0