Android Separate audio output in XBMC
Question 
Hi all,

Is it possible in XBMC, to set up two different outputs? What I would like to do, that when I play a movie with DTS sound, the audio on the spdif output goes as 'passthrough', while on HDMI it goes decoded (at the same time)?

Thanks in advance!
Do you want to use the outputs simaltaneously? Or is just so you don't have to alter settings if you don't want to use the surround system but just use the TV speakers?

For the latter I used the 'Keymap editor' from XBMC repo and assigned a remote button during video playback to toggle passthrough. So I don't need to go into OSD, remote button is a great WAF Smile

If you want the first option, there is a patch somewhere on this forum to do that. Needs you to compile XBMC yourself though. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192480
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
(2014-08-19, 13:56)lexi81 Wrote: Do you want to use the outputs simaltaneously? Or is just so you don't have to alter settings if you don't want to use the surround system but just use the TV speakers?

For the latter I used the 'Keymap editor' from XBMC repo and assigned a remote button during video playback to toggle passthrough. So I don't need to go into OSD, remote button is a great WAF Smile

Ideally I would want to simultaneously use the two outputs (I'm lazy, and I don't want to switch to DTS sound, put the TV on mute every time I want to use DTS sound) Smile
I have a very similar problem. My AFTV is in the bedroom, with no receiver. Just HDMI into the TV (which doesn't decode DD or DTS). However, I also have a pair of Sony MDR-DS6500 wireless headphones, which CAN decode DD & DTS. Normally, I just use the TV speaker. But when I want to watch something after my wife goes to sleep, I use the headphones, and would like the option to use DD or DTS. I currently have the optical output going to the headphones and the HDMI audio going to the TV. In the AFTV audio settings, I have DD being sent just to the optical. In XBMC, I have 5.1 audio set, but when I enable the passthrough, I get horrible feedback on the TV. I there any way to do this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Separate audio output in XBMC0