Win Play to Windows Phone
Quick question I suppose...is this even possible?

I would like to be able to play my XMBC content on my Windows phone. As far as I know it is UPnP compatible...
I'll take the foreboding silence as 'who the hell has a Windows phone'!
Didn't they port VLC to Windows Phone? I know VLC on iOS and Android does a fairly nice job at accessing XBMC/Kodi's UPnP shares.
I'll have a look...wondered if there was something native.
XBMC shares over uPnP doesn't it? What does your windows phone see if you enable uPnP sharing on XBMC?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-23, 13:25)Ned Scott Wrote: Didn't they port VLC to Windows Phone? I know VLC on iOS and Android does a fairly nice job at accessing XBMC/Kodi's UPnP shares.

Nope! Just had a look and no VLC...lots of VLC remote controllers but the player itself is not in the store.

(2014-08-25, 11:40)nickr Wrote: XBMC shares over uPnP doesn't it? What does your windows phone see if you enable uPnP sharing on XBMC?

Turned on uPnP on XBMC. After searching around my phone, it seems the only way to get at uPnP devices is to download a 3rd party App, so I've done that and can browse the contents of my XBMC library.

Turns out my phone doesn't play MKV files.

Might be able to get another app that will allow that, just need to find one that uses uPnP devices as opposed to local files, but getting closer.

Thanks all.
You should try MoliPlayer Pro
That looks snazzy, I'll have a look.
yx player 8.1 plays mkv files over upnp (although crashes on hd audio) - it isnt free though and havent rigorously tested yet
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2014-08-27, 15:30)leepenny Wrote: yx player 8.1 plays mkv files over upnp (although crashes on hd audio) - it isnt free though and havent rigorously tested yet

I've seen a few crappy reviews of that one. I'll give MoliPlayer a go first. Thanks.
No problem - let me know how you get onSmile
MoliPlayer doesn't see XBMC uPnP for some reason...it sees my Router so it's obviously working to some degree. Will try YX Player next.
I can get moliplayer to see upnp but it throws an error every time I try to play something (only trying before I buy it so maybe disabled)
Stupid question but you have turned on upnp settings in xbmc ? I know you said in a previous post it was on btw but maybe you have toggled it off ?
It's definitely on as it works on my wife's Android phone.
In case this thread crops up in a search for anyone else, the Windows Phone app 'Smart Player' works beautifully with Kodi uPnP.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play to Windows Phone0