Android Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem
Exclamation 
I need some advice with Amlogic S812 M8S media box...

2120417 (post)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

I am new user here and newbie with Android based media players.
I'm wondering... I heard that Android media players does not support NAS. These Android media players only support DLNA. But if XBMC is installed to Android media player then should it support NAS?

Am I correct that DLNA does not support MKV files?

I have Buffalo LinkStation Duo and I would like to have it work with Android media player and could play MKV files.

Does for example this Measy B4S 4K XBMC TV media player support Buffalo LinkStation Duo and could play MKV from NAS?

I really appreciate if someone could answer to these questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit.

NAS works in XBMC!

But I have new problem with AUDIO... Sad

I can't get 5.1 sound with XBMC... Sad

My AV Receiver is Yamaha RX-V473 http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-vis...3_black_u/

And my Android mediaplayer is Mease B4S http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct93_en.htm

These are connected with 1.4 HDMI cable.

When I look AV Receivers menu/options it shows that input sound is only 2.0 although file I am playing is definitely 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS etc.

What setup do I have to make in Android and XBMC to get 5.1 sounds. I have put mark on options in XBMC that I have AV receiver that can handle Dolby Digital and DTS. And speaker setup is 5.1 in XBMC also.
It works like a charm!
I use a Synology NAS with all music and video on it, and am able to stream 1080p Dolby D movies wirelessly with XBMC. ALso MKV, FLAC you name it.
Direct access, (SAMBA), no DLNA
(2014-08-19, 16:28)marcellenz Wrote: It works like a charm!
I use a Synology NAS with all music and video on it, and am able to stream 1080p Dolby D movies wirelessly with XBMC. ALso MKV, FLAC you name it.
Direct access, (SAMBA), no DLNA

Do you have that same Measy B4S 4K XBMC TV media player?

I mean is that sure that NAS will work with that media player? I am planning to buy this Measy B4S 4K XBMC TV media player.

Why Android itself does not support NAS but software (in this case XBMC) in it will support NAS?
Just because Android can't access a NAS by default doesn't mean it doesn't support them. Furthermore, XBMC brings its own SMB (Samba) and NFS kit to the table, allowing it to access such shares regardless of the underlying OS.

Saying Android doesn't support NAS is like saying it doesn't support Word documents - it may not out of the box but it can easily be made to.
(2014-08-20, 00:50)airyphary Wrote: Just because Android can't access a NAS by default doesn't mean it doesn't support them. Furthermore, XBMC brings its own SMB (Samba) and NFS kit to the table, allowing it to access such shares regardless of the underlying OS.

Saying Android doesn't support NAS is like saying it doesn't support Word documents - it may not out of the box but it can easily be made to.

Anyone get xbmc to connect to a qnap nas through nfs? I have just got a probox2 ex that I have been unable to get to connect to my qnap. If I add source, nfs, it can see the directory structure of the nas, but not any files. I have checked and re-checked permissions. Every other device I have can connect with no problem, even an old xtreamer. I also failed with samba, although I am pretty ignorant of that protocol. I could connect via Twonky, but xbmc listed the tag names of some avi files rather than the filename and the scrapers would not scan the source folder, although I could add the folder under video files. Very frustrating.
Try looking at the UID mapping. If not set up properly you will be able to see the directory but not the files

see this post for the trick in finding the UID

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152868
It turned out the reason I couldn't access the nas was a combination of the probox2 ex coming with xbmc v14 alpha and using the back row skin. Once I changed the skin to confluence, the nas share mounted immediately.
NAS works great in XBMC! Big Grin

But new problem...

I can't get 5.1 sound with XBMC... Sad

My AV Receiver is Yamaha RX-V473 http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-vis...3_black_u/

And my Android mediaplayer is Measy B4S http://www.measy.com.cn/product/showproduct93_en.htm

These are connected with 1.4 HDMI cable.

When I look AV Receivers menu/options it shows that input sound is only 2.0 although file I am playing is definitely 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS etc.

What setup do I have to make in Android and XBMC to get 5.1 sounds. I have put mark on options in XBMC that I have AV receiver that can handle Dolby Digital and DTS. And speaker setup is 5.1 in XBMC also.
Anyone...?

HuhSadConfusedRolleyes
@dr. Jones,

Just re-read your post. i guess you tried the below. did you select audio passthrough?

i would assume that the android box is plugged into one of the input on the receiver. not into your tv?

also. check on receiver if there are any type of sound scape. options. maybe the receiver is stuck in a 2 channel and not allowing the stream to tell it what it should be.

@Dr. Jones,

did you goto settings/audio output ? Select your speaker configuration. and select audio passthrough. so xbmc just passes the audio to your receiver.

Also Select what your receiver can do. ac3 dts. etc.

John
(2014-09-08, 19:17)jpreville Wrote: @dr. Jones,

Just re-read your post. i guess you tried the below. did you select audio passthrough?

i would assume that the android box is plugged into one of the input on the receiver. not into your tv?

also. check on receiver if there are any type of sound scape. options. maybe the receiver is stuck in a 2 channel and not allowing the stream to tell it what it should be.

@Dr. Jones,

did you goto settings/audio output ? Select your speaker configuration. and select audio passthrough. so xbmc just passes the audio to your receiver.

Also Select what your receiver can do. ac3 dts. etc.

John

Media player is connected with AV receiver. Not with TV.

I put audio passthrough but it still 2.0. I have tried almost every possible choice in XBMC configuration. Some of settings puts audio out of sync.

AV receiver shows input audio is 2.0 but I can select different 5.1 sound mode but it's not real 5.1. It only simulate 5.1 sound from 2.0 audio input.

I have to try to change settings from AV receiver and XBMC. I'll let you know if anything works and I can get real 5.1 sound... Blush
Since you are new, I just ask you a stupid question: Did you set your setting menu to "expert level"?
(2014-09-10, 16:08)sebra Wrote: Since you are new, I just ask you a stupid question: Did you set your setting menu to "expert level"?

Yes I did. Smile

I will post later some pictures about Android operating system settings and XBMC settings and AV receiver info...
Here's some pictures...

When playing Dolby Digital, DTS etc file in XBMC this is what AV receiver info shows:

But XBMC shows:

OR

And when I watch HD TV with digital receiver AV receiver shows this:

XBMC setup:

In Android operating system sound setup:

I think that I have tried every options in Android operating system and in XBMC...

Is there some hidden options etc or what can I do to make real 5.1 sound working... Sad
hmmmm. not sure about this one. xbmc seems to be setup properly. i wonder if the underlying android system is causing issues.

I'm running a firetv box . hooked to a sony 7.1 surround system. which also has the many hdmi connections. when i swtich from one piece of content to another. it will scroll across the screen on receiver. dts 5.1 dolby etc.

does a measy have a forum? possibly someone else ran across this problem and figured it out.?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem0