Android Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem
you may want to try http://spmc.semperpax.com/ to see if that works. it can be installed side by side with xbmc
Try this, set the number of channels to 2.0 in xbmc audio settings, and change the audio output to hdmi bitstream in the android box settings.
(2014-09-11, 19:29)z31fanatic Wrote: Try this, set the number of channels to 2.0 in xbmc audio settings, and change the audio output to hdmi bitstream in the android box settings.

I do not know should I laugh or cry...

When I change these settings as you said 5.1 working. AV receiver show 5.1 sound.

BUT!

After I changed settings there is lag in video... Uncomfortable and for me impossible to watch. When I change options as they were video does not lag... But no 5.1 sound...

And if I changes audio options to try void this video lag there is terrible digital noise and no movie sound hears.

I am dissapointed... Very dissapointed...

I have to try some other day to fix these problems...

see audio delay option.
(2014-09-11, 21:38)MeatGrinder Wrote: see audio delay option.

I meant there is twitching in video.
Leave the speakers as 2.0 and change the output to default. Maybe that will fix the video.
Unbelievable s*it...

Besides that video is twiching audio is slower so it's sounds like you playing LP record too slow.,..

Image Image

I think I tried every f*cking options but if I get real DD/DTS video is twiching/lag and audio playing slow.

I tried hardware and software decoding...

Maybe it is time to throw Measy B4S, AV receiver and 55" FULL HD to trash and get 14" black and white analog TV from storage and watch VHS/BETA videos...

ImageImage

Or if someone knows how to get 5.1 sound working please tell me...
(2014-09-11, 17:13)jpreville Wrote: you may want to try http://spmc.semperpax.com/ to see if that works. it can be installed side by side with xbmc

Nope. Didn't make any change either.

Same bullsh*t...

I don't get it... 2.0 works ok but 5.1 doesn't... Sound is slower or sounds only terrible digital noise and video is laging... Problem has to be with this box because every other device works with AV receiver...

Bummer... Sad

Stop posting GIFs and start posting debug logs (wiki).
(2014-09-14, 03:48)Ned Scott Wrote: Stop posting GIFs and start posting debug logs (wiki).

Sorry dude... Wink

Alright... I'll try to do that.
Sounds to me that your box might not support DTS/DD 5.1 passthrough.

Number of channels should be set to 2.0 for Android.

With Passthrough enabled but Dolby Digital and DTS not enabled in GUI what happens? If video output is smooth then enable Dolby Digital, check if video is still smooth and whether you get DD5.1 on AVR, if video starts getting laggy at this point or you just get noise on the AVR, then your box does not support DD passthrough. Repeat by enabling DTS, and again if video becomes laggy or you get noise on AVR then DTS is not supported.
(2014-09-14, 18:57)jjd-uk Wrote: Sounds to me that your box might not support DTS/DD 5.1 passthrough.

Number of channels should be set to 2.0 for Android.

With Passthrough enabled but Dolby Digital and DTS not enabled in GUI what happens? If video output is smooth then enable Dolby Digital, check if video is still smooth and whether you get DD5.1 on AVR, if video starts getting laggy at this point or you just get noise on the AVR, then your box does not support DD passthrough. Repeat by enabling DTS, and again if video becomes laggy or you get noise on AVR then DTS is not supported.

Manufacturer said that Measy B4S support DD and DTS.

- When I enabled passthrough and DD and DTS are not enabled sound is 2.0

- When I enabled passthrough and DD is enabled and Dolby Digital transcoding is not enabled and DTS is not enabled sound is 2.0

- When I enabled passthrough and DD and Dolby Digital transcoding is enabled and DTS is not enabled sound is 5.1 but it is slower like playing LP record too slow and video is laging.

With DTS same thing...

Sometimes (depending which file I am playing) digital noise is all what I can hear and video is laging.

It gives same result with every sound options in Android. (default output, SPDIF passthrough, HDMI bitstream) I have tried SPDIF cable and it is not better. With HDMI bitstream digital noice occurs.

Could it be some issue with HDMI cable? I doubt is because I have tried several 1.3 and 1.4 versions HDMI cable and they all give same result.

When I am playing files with some another app in Android there is no sound or it is 2.0

Could it be that Measy B4S is some kind damaged because manufacturer said this box support DD/DTS. Or could it be that this box is very new. Just released so there could be some bugs?
It sure sounds like it doesn't support DD or DTS.

The one thing you've missed from above is what type of audio did you try each time. Check you files to find a video with DD audio and a video with DTS audio, for this MediaInfo can be used on pc if you're not sure.

1. Enable passthrough and enable DD, leave transcode option and DTS disabled. Play a DD 5.1 and you should get DD5.1 on AVR if supported, if laggy then DD not supported.

2. Enable Transcode option leaving DTS disabled. Now try a DTS 5.1 file, what do you get this time?

3. Finally enable DTS and play DTS 5.1 file, what happens this time?

It's perfectly possible that DD might be supported but DTS is not, so always be sure what type of audio you are trying to play.
Since Android does not have an public API for enabling passthrough, it must be done via back-door methods. AMLogic works this way and there is code included in Kodi/XBMC to enabling passthrough when selected.

While Measy B4S might support DD and DTS, unless the back-door methods to enable it are available and included in the source code, it will never have passthrough under Kodi/XBMC.
Hi
Newbie, have a simpler issues , just bought Minix Neo 8x h ,latest XBMC, I cannot get XBMC to add Video source though NFS when I browse for new share the IP address 192.168.1.100 shows has a blue folder, opening this folder shows all the folders set on NAS ie /Movies XBMC, but does not enabled.
I did the same thing for /Flac Music XBMC and this works, not sure what to do good some one help!

Problem solved, there are some good sites out there.........many thanks to Hi-Jack

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem0