Android Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem
nice threadjack, sir.
(2014-08-20, 23:09)Ozman Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 00:50)airyphary Wrote: Just because Android can't access a NAS by default doesn't mean it doesn't support them. Furthermore, XBMC brings its own SMB (Samba) and NFS kit to the table, allowing it to access such shares regardless of the underlying OS.

Saying Android doesn't support NAS is like saying it doesn't support Word documents - it may not out of the box but it can easily be made to.

Anyone get xbmc to connect to a qnap nas through nfs? I have just got a probox2 ex that I have been unable to get to connect to my qnap. If I add source, nfs, it can see the directory structure of the nas, but not any files. I have checked and re-checked permissions. Every other device I have can connect with no problem, even an old xtreamer. I also failed with samba, although I am pretty ignorant of that protocol. I could connect via Twonky, but xbmc listed the tag names of some avi files rather than the filename and the scrapers would not scan the source folder, although I could add the folder under video files. Very frustrating.
Hi
Have you given ever piece of kit a fix IP address, I also removed twonky so no clash there.
You need to go and look at your shared folders on the qnap you have give each share an ip number and then set for, nas, samba and others are avaible, next set each share with a read, write or deny.They are couple of other setting viable but just check before allowing.Its not blow for blow has different NAS,s have simlar toddle buttons.

How go to font end on xbmc,there's a number off browing options on add video to go for.
If your xbmc IP address is say 192.168.1.50 this would be entered at your nas end for your movies each folder has to be input like to his.

Apparently you can input the IP address 192.168.1.* I am informed this allows all drives on the same network to share. This. I will play with this week
(2014-09-15, 15:29)MeatGrinder Wrote: Since Android does not have an public API for enabling passthrough, it must be done via back-door methods. AMLogic works this way and there is code included in Kodi/XBMC to enabling passthrough when selected.

While Measy B4S might support DD and DTS, unless the back-door methods to enable it are available and included in the source code, it will never have passthrough under Kodi/XBMC.

Ok. I have found that Rockchip products have problem with DD/DTS passthrough. Hopefully Rockchip or Measy release someday firmware which support DD/DTS passthrough.

You mentioned that AMLogic works but is that for all AMLogic products? For example does Amlogic S802 support DD/DTS passthrough?

Like M8 AMLogic S802:

Does this box support real Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS?
Anyone have AMLogic Android media player...?
(2014-09-15, 15:29)MeatGrinder Wrote: Since Android does not have an public API for enabling passthrough, it must be done via back-door methods. AMLogic works this way and there is code included in Kodi/XBMC to enabling passthrough when selected.

While Measy B4S might support DD and DTS, unless the back-door methods to enable it are available and included in the source code, it will never have passthrough under Kodi/XBMC.

Dr.Jones,

I think MeatGrinder might have found the problem. I've got a NAS box that I use to stream ripped DVD's to my boxes over an ethernet connection. Some are up to 42GB and most are either DTS, DD, DTS HD or Dolby TrueHD. I've got a Sony AVR that can decode just about any audio format made and it shows what it's decoding on the panel, just like yours. I've been in love with XBMC (Kodi) since I discovered it about a year ago. I've tried just about every option to get XBMC and the video and audio working. I've had or have a HTPC, Minix X7, FireTV, Tronsmart R28, Roku 3, Roku 2 and various other boxes.

On most units, I seem to never be able to get the audio working correctly with the exception of the FireTV. I side loaded XBMC 13.2 on the FireTV and it passes through the DTS, DD and others without a problem. I had limited success with the HTPC depending on which version of XBMC I was using. My latest adventure was with the Tronsmart Orion Meta R28. It has the RK3288 chip and I thought it would be the answer and it wasn't. I had the settings set up just like yours and all I could get to the AVR was L-PCM sound (not even surround). I tried all the different settings that you did and no luck. If I played the DVD's directly through MX player or the stock video player on the box, the audio came through as DTS or DD, etc. So, the box could play the audio. It just couldn't pass the sound through from XBMC. It makes sense that if the code isn't there to enable the pass through then that is the problem.

Since MeatGrinder thinks the amlogic chips might work, my next adventure will probably be a Probox2 EX. I'd love to find a pure android device that is 100% compatible with Kodi.
Where I can find custom Kodi and libmedia.so?

I found some threads but files is not anymore there. Working HDMI passthrough.

I tried SPMC 14.2.0 but DD/DTS sound did not work. SPMC 13.4.0 (2014/12/14) changelog: "Allow forcing passthrough hack on Rockchip via AS ()" What does AS means? Does box have to be rooted?

Which is best way to root RK3288 Measy B4S?

I will not going to give up hope getting Dolby Digital/DTS sound from Measy B4S! Image
With recent rk3288 firmwares, you don't need a hacked libmedia anymore, it's built-in.
I don't know if your specific box has an updated firmware, but that surely explains why the hack somewhat disappeared from the net.
Does firmware have to be Measy own or can I use any of Rockchip RK3288 box firmware?

It is very hard to find Measy B4S firmwares from net. Seller send me last year firmware T032_AP6330_public_20140910.img. That is newest firmware which I have found. Do you guys know place where to find ROM's to Measy?
(2015-05-04, 20:46)Dr.Jones Wrote: SPMC 13.4.0 (2014/12/14) changelog: "Allow forcing passthrough hack on Rockchip via AS ()" What does AS means? Does box have to be rooted?

As I earlier ask those questions... Does anyone know answers?
(2015-05-05, 07:49)Koying Wrote: With recent rk3288 firmwares, you don't need a hacked libmedia anymore, it's built-in.
I don't know if your specific box has an updated firmware, but that surely explains why the hack somewhat disappeared from the net.

So how I can activate passthrough?

As I wrote earlier:

Post #14
and
Post #27

I have tried every option which I can imagine and DD/DTS does not work. Again I don't think that my AV-receiver could be broken etc because with every other device I can get out DD/DTS.

As I earlier ask those questions.. Does anyone know answers?

(2015-05-05, 08:01)Dr.Jones Wrote: Does firmware have to be Measy own or can I use any of Rockchip RK3288 box firmware?

It is very hard to find Measy B4S firmwares from net. Seller send me last year firmware T032_AP6330_public_20140910.img. That is newest firmware which I have found. Do you guys know place where to find ROM's to Measy?
(2015-05-04, 20:46)Dr.Jones Wrote: SPMC 13.4.0 (2014/12/14) changelog: "Allow forcing passthrough hack on Rockchip via AS ()" What does AS means? Does box have to be rooted?

In the main audio settings name audio chs as 2 chs instead of 5.1
And also HDMI pass through or optical passthrough DD marked you should be OK
(2015-05-06, 22:07)tomtomtoo Wrote: In the main audio settings name audio chs as 2 chs instead of 5.1

(2015-05-07, 14:27)tomtomtoo Wrote: And also HDMI pass through or optical passthrough DD marked you should be OK

I have tried those... No good.

But now comes the funny part...

DD/DTS works fine in crappy video player... So problem is in Kodi... Thank you and good bye... Maybe in the future perhaps DD/DTS works in Kodi. Too bad... Nice and easy to use Home Theatre Software but can not do it's job what it should do...

If someone else know what a heck is wrong with RK3288 and Kodi and would like to tell me I would be pleased. But now I have to find another easy to use and powerful software.
Please do not mistake shitty software with shitty, abandonned, boxes Wink
In your case, it's shitty abandoned hardware.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amlogic S812 M8S Kodi update / Measy B4S Rockchip RK3288 5.1 audio problem0