Win Watchdog and Synology NAS.
Hi, after i moved apartment and got a new router and changed my password for my Synology it says that "path does not exist" when watchdog tries to scan at XBMC startup, i have to go via "files" and "Activate" the connection...

Ive mounted the path in Watchdog via SMB.

Its Exactly the same setup as it was in the old apartment where it worked flawlessly..

Can anyone guide me to fix this?

Debug Log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=273425

1. XBMC 13.1 with Transparency 6.0.7
2. Windows 8.1
3. 64bit
4. 8gb
5. Intel NUC + Synology NAS 412+
no one ?
I wanted to make a new debug log, becuase when im trying to scan for new items under files on my tvshow path source it just pops up for less than a second but dosnt scan, it scan my movie folder perfectly.
But the debug uploader just says scripts fail.

And i cant access my Synology from XBMC when im trying to add a new source ? Just says "Working - Please Wait" Forever...

Why dosnt anyone help? Thought this forum was to get help? Smile
Have you tried changing "smb://DISKSTATION/" to the actual IP address of the NAS ? eg smb://192.168.0.20/
Learning Linux the hard way !!
i dont know how to do that ? But it suddenly prompted for password which i changed on my NAS, which i suspected was the reason at first but i couldnt find anywhere to change it in XBMC or how to fix it so i thought i couldnt be the problem afterall... But all of a sudden it prompted for password.

Dont know if it was because i emptied the SMB cache on my NAS or what, but after a complete reboot of everything it prompted for password when adding a source and now it can enter it perfectly again and watchdog can see the path.

How do i change the password another time? or the change for the ip adress as you mentioned ?
Really?... You are running the Synology and can't work this out...
As been suggested..
Trying changing everything in sources to an i.p address and not a named server
Learn about your sources file tucked in your users/roaming as you can directly edit this with notepad++ and also back it up..
Another benefit about this is you decide to go multiple devices you can copy all of the userdata files over to the new devices that are added in.
There is plenty within the synology forum on all of this..google is your friend
YouTube is too...
Yeah, but since it has been working perfectly for the last year and the problem startet in XBMC i asked in here...
And it has been working perfectly with the named server.

But its working now, the only thing is that its not keeping the line active, i have to activate it via "files" will it most likely fix this issue by rename it to an ip servre ?
No worries hope you got it sorted.. I have setup 3 tablets and 3 laptops the last few days to access my Synology Kodi shared files and all are working well with IP direct file listings..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watchdog and Synology NAS.0