Android AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation
(2014-08-21, 14:43)Koying Wrote: SPMC is my personal, android-targeted, xbmc spinoff.
Android is still pretty much in its infancy as a media platform, so dirty hacks are sometimes needed for XBMC to work nicely on some chips.
Those hacks do not have their place in XBMC self, and will become obsolete as Android matures as an AV platform.

(2014-08-21, 19:18)Fringe09 Wrote: Quick question. I started using your app and noticed under audio settings that I am not able to change the channel from 2.0. I can't even highlight that item. With XBMC, I am able to change it to 5.1.

That's because there is no 5.1 on Android Wink
You can have passthrough on many devices, but that's still technically 2.0
So I cannot get 5.1 on AFTV whether I use XBMC or SPMC playing a movie from Plex Media Server?

I have a Denon AVR-X3100w and when I play a movie with XBMC, it shows that it is 5.1 and Dolby or DTS depending on the movie.

The article at http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-setup-ple...und-audio/ also talks about getting 5.1 on AFTV with Plex.

Prior to using XBMC, a move playing directly from the Plex player clearly showed that it was not Dolby or DTS.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation0