Frustrated
Not sure if it's already suggest but why not start clean and recreate database when you moved it to a shared setup?
If it takes ages for importing then you can also start clean.
For Importing watch status either use trakt.tv addon (most easy way)
Or follow several guides on how to export and import watched status only.

Create shared DB
Set correct paths on all machines (sources.xml)
Edit advancedsettings.xml to point to external DB
Launch XBMC and see if DB's are created in MySQL on Synology
Scrape your database.

This should work 100%
Imagine a dumb sheep look on my face. /faceplam. I didn't know I could export just my watched status. That would be cool actually. I will try that when I get home.

Thanx for the reply. Appreciate it.
(2014-08-20, 15:26)dracosveen Wrote: Imagine a dumb sheep look on my face. /faceplam. I didn't know I could export just my watched status. That would be cool actually. I will try that when I get home.

Thanx for the reply. Appreciate it.

Easiest way is to create trakt.tv account and install addon, sync status and make a local DB backup.

Setup shared DB, scrape movies/series and let trakt addon sync again, voila done.
Gonna do that then. Sounds like it will work much better than what I am struggling with.

Isnt using the trackt addon then another way of sharing your db? I mean the only reason I want to share a db is so that I have watch and resume statuses across clients. it the smb paths on all clients are the same and the files are all the same, then surely by just using the addon one could have watched status across several clients without messing around with centralised mysql db's?
Ok. So I have tried everything that was suggested here.

1) In the db that the client that is getting the duplicates is pointing to, the duplicates look like below for the path:
smb://192.168.1.108/Movies/_Movies/3 Days to Kill ...

\\192.168.1.108\Movies\_Movies\3 Days to Kill (201...

I really don't understand why it is picking up the \\ path because my source look as follows:
<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>Movies</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.108/Movies/_Movies/</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>Series</name>
<path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.108/Series/</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>

So as I understand it, there should be duplicates but if I import and scan then it is picking the \\192...... path up somewhere. I don't know where.

2) Created a new database, or rather had a 2nd client create a new db by putting a name in the advancedsettings.xml file. I exported on my main client to separate files and I see the nfo and tbn files in the movies directories but not in the series directories. Anyway, I then added the source to my 2nd client with the new db but it does not pull in or include the watched status.

3) Tried to get trakt to work but it does nothing. Also it does not add what has already been watched unless you run another script which I also installed but it doesn't work either. I see in the log file something about unsupported protocols.

4) I downloaded 1 script that I found but only after I installed it I saw that it is rather old and discontinued. I found another script but in order to use it I have to download a repo of 1500 scripts.

So basically everything i have tried has not worked. Considering how awesome XBMC or Kodi is, movnig watched status should be like a default part of the program.

Anyway. I am just going to write some sql magic and see if i can script from one database to the other. If I can't do that then manually it will be.

I can say one thing tho. This experience has put a dent in my enthusiasm about xbmc.

Thanx for all the suggestions.
What do the paths look like in the exported database file? Are they smb:// or \\ ?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
smb://

But don't worry. I am half way through manually updating the stuff.
1) the old "single" xml file probably has the path. Sources.xml doesn't mean thing in this situation, because the library db contains its own list of sources.

2) Did you scan the files in as if they were brand new? Just adding the source won't do anything. XBMC must scan the files in to the library. It's basically recreating your old (non shared) library, but it is a new library.

Quote:I can say one thing tho. This experience has put a dent in my enthusiasm about xbmc.
This is why we don't recommend using it.
@ned Hi,

Just to answer you, I created the sources but didn't scan because in my mind how can you add (import) something into the database that has a path but your client doesn't know about that path. Anyway, after the create, I then imported and when that was done I then did an update library to get any new stuff that had been added after the import. Thats when the duplicates started to be added.

But just a note. As I said in a previous post. I used a second client with a different db (name tag in advancedsettings.xml). Did a separate file export from my main client. I saw nfos in the movies directories but nothing for series. Editing the nfos showed nothing in them that indicated watched status. I then added the sources and scraped in my second client with the new db. The scrape completed properly but there was no watched status even though the 2 import status tags are specified in my advancedsettings.xml.

Anyway last night, halfway through manually updating, I saw nickr's last post. Even though the single file had the paths starting with smb:// I decided it can't hurt to do it over. So I re-exported again to a single file. I again made sure that the paths were all pointing to smb:// (took a while because there were over 11500 of them). I then deleted the main db and started again. Let xbmc create the db. I then set the 2 sources (movies and series) but did scrape either. I then did the import and went to bed as it takes long.

This morning I checked. Everything imported correctly. So I crossed my fingers and did scan for new content. And it WORKED!!!!! YAY ME. So the new stuff was brought in. No duplicates.

So something must have been wrong with the previous export or I missed a colon in a path or I \ when I should have /. Really don't know. Either way, eventually, the single file method worked for me where the separate files didn't. Maybe there is an advancedsetting that needs to be added to make the watched status be exported with separate files.

Anyway. I am sorted. Confidence restored in XBMC/Kodi. It is still the only media player/center that I would use even if I had had to complete the watched status manually.

What is really excellent about the mysql setup and how my setup works now is I can have more than one db. So when friends come and visit then they can have their own db. And that is what I have done. I have an android client at each of my tvs. So I have a db for each of the 2 guest rooms, I have a kids db for cartoons and I have my main db for my main client, man cave client and main bedroom client. I am smiling.

So my next mission is to upgrade my android clients to gotham (latest stable) so that I can run everything on the latest version because according to the docs the versions must be the same. I am sure that will be easy lol.

thanx to all for the replies.
You need to add importwatchedstate to advancedsettings.xml (wiki) otherwise the watched states don't import.

I am sure this is mentioned in the wiki.
(2014-08-20, 06:17)dracosveen Wrote: Hi,

I actually don't scan in the first time. I delete the 2 databases in MySQL. Start up XBMC. Once the dbs are created I add the 2 smb shares but I click NO at the end of the setup process where it asks if you want to refresh the path. Then I begin the import.

The advancedsettings.xml file is that same as the one in the wiki. I just removed my IPs

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

@Kib - See my post on page 1
Ah right. Then I have no clue as I used that many times myself with separate export
and dont forget after the import, remove
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
Or use the script in my sig to backup your watched status, then restore them later. Also useful for viewing library metadata which would have resolved this issue on page 1... Plus you might now want to preload the texture caches on your low powered non-scraper devices.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frustrated0