Linux Not Following Symbolic Links
Hoping someone can help me out.

I have a folder that contains the majority of my Television shows, alas I ran out of harddrive space. So I moved all reality shows to a different drive.
My folder structure is

/usr5/Television/
-Tv Show One
-Tv Show Two
-Etc

/usr1/Reality Television/
-Reality 1
-Reality 2
-Etc

I have created a symlinked folder named Reality in /usr5/Television that points to /usr1/Reality Television/

When I update my XBMC library, it picks up all the shows within /usr5/Television correctly. But all the shows in /usr1/Reality Television/ show up as one show in my library name "Reality"

Hoping someone can tell me what I am doing wrong here.
XBMC uses the directory name directly below the source as the show name, so it thinks everything in /usr5/Television/Reality is a show called Reality. That is expected.

Why not get rid of the symlink and add /usr1/Reality Television as another television source?

The other way, which is what I actually use is to use mhddfs to combine two (or more) directories seamlessly. That way all my media is in either /mnt/tv or /mnt/movies, despite being scattered over several disks.

https://romanrm.net/mhddfs
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not Following Symbolic Links0