Amazon Fire TV with Gotham 13.0 - Screen size issue
I have xbmc 13.0 installed on my Fire TV that working great, only except one issue - the size of the xbmc window is larger than the 1080p tv screen. I tried with two tv sets with the same result. I checked the video output in xbmc system -> video output which is grayed out with "Windowed" at 1920 X 1080p. I guess this is the reason for the problem. Is anyone having this problem?
I've always had the same thing happen with my old 50" 720 tv when running xbmc on Rpi. I just go into appearance settings and change the "zoom" %.

Must be the tv's because it doesn't do it on my 36". When I first fired up my AFTV without xbmc I had to change the display settings to use 4% scale, and everything (including xbmc) fits just fine.
In my case, there is no issues with the AFTV's home screen or any videos played on it. It happens only on xbmc and other softwares installed by ADT such as ES Explorer, SuperUser. I'll give the zoom setting a try which may fix xbmc issue. Thanks!
Zoom is only for video.
If the xbmc gui goes offscreen, too, you have to use screen calibration
(2014-08-20, 08:26)Koying Wrote: Zoom is only for video.
If the xbmc gui goes offscreen, too, you have to use screen calibration

I've always used zoom under appearance when the gui didn't fit the screen. What would be the difference between the two? I haven't noticed any quality issues with only using zoom.
Oh ok. The zoom under appearance should produce the same result, indeed.
It's still probably easier to use screen calibration, which is the same but wysiwyg.
(2014-08-20, 07:14)indijones Wrote: In my case, there is no issues with the AFTV's home screen or any videos played on it. It happens only on xbmc and other softwares installed by ADT such as ES Explorer, SuperUser. I'll give the zoom setting a try which may fix xbmc issue. Thanks!

I had this issue and solved it by by calibrating the Fire TV display in the DISPLAY AND SETTINGS menu.

Settings→ DISPLAY AND SOUNDS→ DISPLAY→ CALIBRATE DISPLAY
I tried -4% zoom which fixed xbmc issue. Then I used screen calibration which fixed overall screen issue. Now back to 0% zoom in xbmc. Issue resolved. Thanks to all of you! Cheers Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV with Gotham 13.0 - Screen size issue0