Make display Black during music playback
Hello,

I would like to be able to make the screen simply go black when playing music instead of showing the visualizations or album wall art.

If I set screensaver to black and disable 'use visualization if playing audio' then it initially has the desired effect until the windows sleep timer kicks in (presumably windows sees the screensaver state in xbmc as 'idle') and the computer sleeps..

I have searched the forums and internet but can't find anything specifically addressing this.

Another option would be to set a 'visualization' which was just totally black, but again can't find anything like this.

Thanks in advance for any help.
What about to change the power saving settings in windows to prevent windows getting to sleep?
No I don't want to leave it powered up the whole time..
Couldn't you disable windows going to sleep via power settings and then setup xbmc shutdown timer for something like 3 hours?

Quick google search brought this up:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/30758/mak...-using-it/

Seems like what you are looking for.
Thanks, I hadn't found those settings, will test it out, hopefully it will still work e.g. if wmc wakes the PC for recordings or if downloads are running etc.
Did that end up working for you kitehigh?
Hi, yea it does the trick xbmc-wise - listening to music the screensaver kicks in, screen black but music still playing, windows sleep setting off so doesn't sleep with music playing, then stopping everything in xbmc it sleeps after set time.

I haven't really been able to monitor it in different scenarios yet (wmc recordings/downloads ongoing) but I will report back if I find any problems..
right on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Make display Black during music playback0