XBMC Resolution messed up after powering off AVR and/or TV
Hi,
I am having a problem where the display for XBMC gets messed up and I have to close it and open again if I power off the AVR and/or TV for a while eg overnight. Once I exit and restart XBMC it is fine again, no need ot reset the TV or AVR. Below is sort of what I can see in XBMC when it does it

online photo storage

It is full screen and the TV reports it is 1080p

Setup:
Windows 8.1
Nvidia 420
XBMC 13.2
Yamaha YST 2200
Panasoinc 42" Plasma
Connected via HDMI
I suppose you startup not in the correct order.

The order of switching on your devices has to be

1. TV
2. AVR
3. XBMC

Try it in this order and I bet you will be fine Wink
+1
Try hdmi pin 19 blocking trick. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Displays
On Linux we pre-load the EDID of the AVR on startup. Should be feasible on Windows too: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...85%29.aspx
Thanks all, I will have a play and see which ones work.
If you press \ a few times, do you get the correct resolution back?
(2014-08-22, 17:04)k4sh1n Wrote: If you press \ a few times, do you get the correct resolution back?

I don't usually use a keyboard with it but I will try next time it happens.
You're lucky - I have to reset my gpu if I power up/down the avr while windows is running, which crashes any running 3d apps. Extracting the edid/using a monitor.inf driver didnt work for me Sad If you have a networked avr I can post my script for automating the process.
(2014-08-20, 10:36)ScorpioJonesy Wrote: Setup:
Windows 8.1
Well there's your problem right there. Wink
(2014-08-24, 08:28)Skram0 Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 10:36)ScorpioJonesy Wrote: Setup:
Windows 8.1
Well there's your problem right there. Wink

Ha Smile Yes this is a "Windows" problem from what I have looked at (going back to Win 7 too).

(2014-08-22, 17:04)k4sh1n Wrote: If you press \ a few times, do you get the correct resolution back?

Didn't know about that trick. I have bound this to my remote control for ease fixing and it seems like a good enough work around for me.

Thanks for the help all
Just to update this thread, I had another go at extracting the edid after losing all my progress in super meat boy because I turned of the TV while the game was running, causing it to crash Angry Using the program MonInfo create a .inf file from the real time output while the avr is powered up (turn it on before booting wndows), install the inf file via windows device manager (I got a warning about a untrusted driver) and reboot. Appears to be working well after some brief testing.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm
(2014-08-29, 05:19)teeedubb Wrote: Just to update this thread, I had another go at extracting the edid after losing all my progress in super meat boy because I turned of the TV while the game was running, causing it to crash Angry Using the program MonInfo create a .inf file from the real time output while the avr is powered up (turn it on before booting wndows), install the inf file via windows device manager (I got a warning about a untrusted driver) and reboot. Appears to be working well after some brief testing.

http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/moninfo.shtm

I know this thread is very old.. however.. it looks like this might be the only way to force wasapi to stay active after the receiver shuts down then back on.. 

Curious exactly what you did here, did you basically turn on the receiver, turn on windows then run it? (while htpc is connected to the receiver and receiver into the tv etc)?.. did you just right click the existing (tv? in device manager) and turn it into a receiver using this inf? or something else

Thanks
I don't remember exactly, but I would use the process you described. I either updated the monitor with the new inf file or installed new hardware with the inf file
(2017-11-08, 04:17)teeedubb Wrote: I don't remember exactly, but I would use the process you described. I either updated the monitor with the new inf file or installed new hardware with the inf file
 If you try to do this after exporting from moninfo.. it wont let you because the driver is not signed.. i guess one way around might be to reboot in the mode in win 10 for allowing unsigned drivers..  maybe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Resolution messed up after powering off AVR and/or TV0