Linux Soundproblem in XBMC
Hi guys,

I'm having some sound issues on my htpc. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 TLS and XBMC 12.03 (from Debian). For sound, I'm using a sound card, i.e. Asus Sonar DGX.

Sound works fine all over the O.S. and even in XBMC (interface noise), but as soon as I start a Movie with DTS or Dolby, there's no sound. My settings for sound output and passtrough output are set to this Asus Sonar DGX card, and when I try to change volume while playing a movie, it tells me passtrough is in use and volume change is not possible.

Hope someone can help me fix this. Thanks a lot!
install a proper version from our PPAs. Frodo is not supported anymore, specially not the debian crippled versions.
Problem fixed. Installed the latest version from PPA and set audio to the Asus sound card en it's all working fine now.

I feel a little ashamed i didn't solve this myselve since tyhe solution is quite simple.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your advice!
Post a Debug Log never the less - I am interested. (It is enough to do that with the latest version).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-08-20, 11:10)wsnipex Wrote: install a proper version from our PPAs. Frodo is not supported anymore, specially not the debian crippled versions.

I am a newbie and I am experiencing a similar ' no sound ' problem on my Ubuntu 14.04 system with Kodi. Can you please provide me with a more detailed (steps) on how I should " install a proper version from our PPAs" ? Thanks so much. I would really like to get my audio working on Kodi !
http://kodi.wiki/view/Installing_XBMC_for_Linux
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Soundproblem in XBMC0