Mounting new HD in XBMC NTFS
Hello!

Last Time I got really great help here. May someone can help me again. I am an absolute beginner with this Topic. I have a zotac with Linux 3.14.11 and Open Elec 4.0.7

As my old HD ran out of capacity I thought -> buying a 2TB and just Change it. So I gave my old 1TB away and plugged the new 2TB. Thinking just changing. External usb on my zotac.

hahaha! No that is not working.

The Datamanager finds the new HD but not any movie. So far I know I have to mounten new.

Therefore I Need a Programm -> eg putty. But I am not able to get on my media Server -> Connection refused.

Does anyone have maybe an Information with which Programm I get Access to my mediaserver Zotac so that I can try to mounten new with the instructions on this side.
Well great would be of course if someone can give me the Information of the right Programm and mayber step by step of commands.

I am a Little bit afraid of damaging somehting. No I didn´t do this Server on my own. It was a present and now I Need to learn this as there is no Connection anymore to the Person.

Thanks a lot. And sorry for being an absolute beginner. Tried to read a lot but I even don´t acess to the machine with putty. Over Windows Explorer I am not able to give the commands and MS-DOS not too.

Cheers Angel77
Hello Angel...We need putty for this...so at first, we have to be sure, that you are able to open a session to your OE machine.

Things you have to do:

- get known of the IP which is used by your OE machine (look at system info)
- get putty installed on your windows machine

If you have the IP from your OE machine, then make sure, that you are able to ping it. For checking this, open a windows-shell (windows button +r....enter "cmd" and press enter). then:

Code:
ping IP-from-your-OE-machine

and see if you get a response. There should be sent 4 packages and you don´t have to see any errors. If you get any errors, check your network, the IP and the wiring and report back, what exactly does not work.

After this works, you can now use putty.

- open putty
- enter the IP from your OE
- be aware that port 22 is taken

If you try to connect, you might be asked if you really want to connect to this computer....answer it with "yes" or "accept"...don´t know how it is correctly named.
If it connects properly, you should see a login prompt. Enter your username, hit enter and now enter your password. You won´t see any "*" while entering your password. That´s normal...don´t take care of this. If you entered your password...hit enter and you should be in

If this all is done and you are logged in. Report back and then we will go on.

Greetings

Are there already any files on this HDD?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mounting new HD in XBMC NTFS0