Win TV show scraping issue (correct filenames)
Things you want from every report:
1. XMBC 13.2
2. Win7 Pro SP1 x64
3. Intel Core2Duo 6320
4. 2x gb DDR2
5. See below
6. -
7. http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=273182

I installed XBMC, didn't change any settings (besides turning off menu sounds) added the D drive (movies) -> nearly all are recognised (despite a scene releases' nfo file in almost every folder). So far so good.
Then I added the E drive, the one with TV shows, and hardly any (only 8 of 113, two of which are empty) showed up.
Not all folders and files have exactly the same naming scheme, but most are rather standard and have some form of "show.name.S0x.Eyz.hdtv-scene.mkv". E.g.: "Better.off.Ted.S01.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD\better.off.ted.s01e01.dvdrip.xvid-reward.avi" or "Community.S05\Community.S05E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv"

Even 2 folders+files with the exact same naming scheme show different results:
The folder\file "V.2009.S01.720p\V.2009.S01E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv" is recognised, but "Awake.2012.S01.720p\Awake.2012.S01E01.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv" is not. Those folders contain nothing but 3 and 4 episodes respectively, all named like the 1st ones.
I can understand some shows not being recognised, but 96%!?!
Adding a tvshow.nfo to the Awake folder with "http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=series&id=248735&lid=7" resolves the problem, but I wasn't planning on doing that 100+ times.

A google search on these forums didn't result in anything very similar (at least not with a solution).

Log creation:
1. Open xbmc, delete tv show source, enable debugging, close xmbc, delete log file
2. Open xmbc, add E drive with default 'tv shows' settings, close xmbc

Any ideas?
I have those shows and they are recognised correctly.

The naming schema I have use is as follows:-

TV Shows->V (2009)->V (2009) S01->V (2009) S01E02.mkv.....V (2009) S01E12.mkv
TV Shows->V (2009)->V (2009) S02->V (2009) S02E02.mkv.....V (2009) S02E10.mkv

If you have worries about the renaming job, use "Bulk Renamer", free download
Thanks for your reply, but I'm looking for a solution without having to rename my (already pretty properly named) files, I kinda like the scene's standard.
I see the scraper often does not regocnise the season tag in folder names as metadata (e.g. "Searching for 'Community S04' using The TVDB scraper"), which is a bit weird, but might be solved by adding a advancedsettings.xml. However, since V and Awake have the exact same naming scheme and V is scraped, and Awake isn't, I don't think this is a file name issue (at least not for all files).

I'm going to try XEM tonight or tomorrow, it might solve things. If not, I'll give a custom advancedsettings.xml a go.
Looks to me from your log like you don't have proper TV Show directories containing season directories, which in turn contain episodes.

EG, XBMC is picking up this
Quote:3:30:09 T:1200 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'E:\Breaking.Bad.s01.720p\'

as a show title, when in fact that appears to be a season level directory.

It needs to be something like

TV Shows
.....Breaking Bad (2008)
...............Season 1 [720p]
......................Pilot - S01E01.720p.mkv

You may think they are correctly named, but they appear to be incorrectly nested.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
True, I don't really like the nested system, I was kinda expecting xbmc to be able to handle it.

But if they are incorrectly nested, can anyone explain to me why V is, and Awake isnt, scraped correctly? Since they follow the exact same naming scheme.
And why is "Archer.2009.S01.Season.1.720p.BluRay.X264-REWARD" (or renamed without 'season.1') recognised, but "Planet.Earth.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR" is not? It all seems so arbitrary and the correct folder structure seems to be unnecessarily forced by one persons liking. (Though I may be wrong and there may be some solid reasoning behind these limitations.)

Btw. I did a small test: I renamed Community.s04 and s05 to Community.720p.s04 and s05 and now they are scraped. I'm guessing/hoping some tempering with the regex might solve my problem, allowing me to keep my OCD and my unnested season folders.
@pete - I can't provide an explanation of the rationale behind the decision, however the only thing from your set-up that I can see that needs attention is your TV Show series naming convention. XBMC needs the correct title of the show to scrape the episode detail. What you don't seem to have is properly named series folders eg "V.2009.S01.720p" is not the correct name of the series "V (2009)" is. Similarily so "Better.off.Ted.S01.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD" isn't the name of the show "Better Off Ted" is.

No season folders are required below the level of the TV Series, providing the file names have a minimum of Season and Episode details in the filename - therefore your files should scrape fine, as long as your season folders are amended to the correct name.

What you think is a correct naming scheme for you, clearly xbmc doesn't recognise, hence you get a random scrape of material as evidenced by your experience. Have a look here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...s/TV_shows

Other 3rd party scrapers can be less stringent (but aren't supported by the xbmc team) and may produce results on other regex, but be aware that not all are kept up to date as quickly as the internal scrapers and can cause issues when developers don't keep up to pace with changing code within xbmc
It's easily explained, the default scraper is http://thetvdb.com/ and XBMC is expecting the folder name to be the title of the show.

Search result for V.2009.S01.720p is:

http://thetvdb.com/?string=V.2009.S01.72...ion=Search

and for Awake.2012.S01.720p is:

http://thetvdb.com/?string=Awake.2012.S0...ion=Search

See the difference, V (2009) is top result despite your naming convention so is added correctly however Awake is not.
Thanks for the replies, guys! I understand my naming scheme is not to xbmc's liking, and I understand the V vs Awake problem. Though when I rename the Awake folder to Awake.s01..720p, this is the tvdb result, and Awake still isnt scraped:
http://thetvdb.com/?string=Awake.S01.720...ion=Search

It seems like the only thing keeping these files from being scraped, is the 's01' in the folder title. Removing only that from e.g. "Better.off.Ted.S01.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD" (-> Better.off.Ted.DVDRip.XviD-REWARD) is enough and gets files scraped.

Anyway, I'm still a bit stubborn and would rather add a advancedsettings.xml than rename my folders, but for some reason it's hard to find anything on regex and folders. I've been trying some basic stuff on only 1 very basicly named folder\file "Adventure.Time.s01\Adventure Time.S01E01.Slumber Party Panic.mkv". I tried:
Code:
    <tvshowmatching>
        <cleanstrings>
            <regexp>
[ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-](s0[1-9]|s1[0-9])
            </regexp>
        </cleanstrings>
    </tvshowmatching>
but that seems to only/also affect the file names (i.e. nothing is scraped).

I know I might be asking a lot (especially since the general solution is renaming the folders and/or nesting season folders, yet here I am, too stubborn to change my folder names/structure), but I'm guessing a regex for ignoring 'S01' from folders shouldn't be too hard to write (all files are in the SxxExx format, so season can be scraped from filenames). But, as I said, I can't find anything on regex on folders only, so if there is anyone with a bit more experience than 'hardly any', and willing to write something, or point me in the right direction, concerning regex+folder names, I'd be very grateful! Or is a regex for folders only not an option?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show scraping issue (correct filenames)0